As the Retail Experience Team Lead, you coach the team to be ambassadors-at-large within the community for the brand and you personally champion the cause. Leadership and people management skills are required to achieve department goals, drive results and enhance the Client Experience. A continued commitment to the success of the team, meeting the business needs of the location and maintaining a positive work environment is essential.
The Team Lead of Retail Experience will report directly to the District Manager of Retail Banking.
- Coach the team ensuring quality, traffic, high performance results and a positive client experience.
- Assist in hiring, training, deployment and performance management of staff.
- Provide technical and administrative support ensuring effective day-to day operations. Ensure items needed for daily operation are always on-hand.
- Coach associates and assist in the Client account opening process by explaining how Tangerine works and setting the right process expectations.
- Coach associates in how to satisfy Tangerine Clients in their banking needs face to face, on the phone and via email, including , handling cheque drop offs, estates, legal forms and ABM inquiries.
- Manage client information, documentation and deposits to ensure security and privacy.
- Use one-and-done approach to handling Client complaints and legal issues in collaboration with legal and resolution departments while managing expectations to reflect the services provided by Tangerine.
- Assume the role of acting District Manager when the District Manager is absent and assist the District Manager and offsite event activities.
- Create and manage schedule for Associates.
- Support the brand by ensuring consistent messaging, compliance with policies and procedures and upholding established standards.
- Review the needs of the location and recommend changes to improve efficiency, improve experience and reduce costs and streamline operations.
- Maintain the business plan by detailing activities, acting on objectives and strategies and coordinating the implementation through to completion of each project (trade shows, sponsorships, etc.).
- Help determine success of initiatives and future participation.
- Delivery of exceptional customer service experience by providing role model behavior (i.e. lead by example).
- Ongoing improvement of the Café experience for customers and prospects, on and off site and through digital channels.
- Effectively promote the consideration of Tangerine for banking needs and educate on our direct model and best ways utilize the bank.
- Work within a team to exceed monthly and annual performance goals.
- Maintain overall appearance and presentation of the store to exceed Client expectations.
- Demonstrate behaviors that support the business model, company philosophy and core competencies.
- Communicate any issues that affect the client retail experience through proper channels in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- Demonstrate experience in community relations, volunteer work or philanthropy
- Technical Skills
- Fluently bilingual, written and spoken (French/English) a requirement in Quebec and an asset in the rest of Canada
- Computer literate
- Ability to work independently and be self-managed
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to have excellent face-to-face interaction communications at all levels
- Must be able to travel to multiple locations (potentially out of province)
- Must be flexible – 7 day operations including evenings and weekends
- Proven ability to connect and work with a variety of community groups
- Excellent communication, promotion and outreach skills
- Independent and self-managed
The Team Lead, Retail Experience will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.