The Investments Outsourcing and Risk team is responsible for the end-to-end supplier lifecycle of the Investments related third party relationships. This includes Relationship Management, Performance, third party risk management and reporting.
The Investments Outsourcing and Risk team is accountable for overall vendor performance, business contingency plans and annual outsourcing reviews. They also assume on-going responsibility to review operational expenses related to vendor relationships and evaluate opportunities to find business and contractual efficiencies to drive scalability
Manager, Vendor Management, reports directly to the Sr. Manager Investments Outsourcing & Risk.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop relationships with management executives and managers to support business objectives, influence key stakeholders and jointly develop strategic sourcing strategies.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and Business Leaders to establish an enterprise sourcing forecast and define deal timelines to influence deal negotiations far enough in advance to gain a competitive advantage as it relates to the Investments business
- Apply vendor management best practices to develop optimal deal negotiation strategies and act as a subject matter expert during deal execution by coaching and influencing parties involved in interactions with suppliers
- Create category strategies to analyze vendor performance.
- Apply and manage the enterprise governance framework to maximize vendor performance and minimize business risk
- Define and manage metrics to measure the entire supplier lifecycle to drive continuous improvement
- Complete/Manage Third Party Risk Assessments on all critical vendors including vendor contract, performance, relationship, risk as Scotia Bank Third Party Risk Management guidelines
- Develop vendor scorecards and dashboards for presenting results, and maintain/enhance tools for use in vendor management
- Assume the ownership of the Third Party Risk Management (VISTA - TPRM) tool as per the approved procurement procedures
- Act as the key contact and subject matter expert for contract-related operational and financial management activities.
- Manage escalation related to Investment technology or system issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Minimum 7 years' experience negotiating and managing contract lifecycles and vendor relationships, with an emphasis on technology and/or IT service agreements, or experience as an IT vendor managing customer accounts and relationships; experience in one or more IT categories, including hardware, software, service and communication; knowledge of procurement and vendor management practices.
- 3-5 years of Financial or Wealth Management experience would be preferred.
- Strong knowledge of OSFI B10
- Professional Certification
- Technical Skills
- Strong project and process management skills, with the ability to handle a wide range of tasks, is required.
- Technical competency with Investment systems
- Proficiency with office MS Office software
- Ability to multi-task and effectively adapt to change
- Strong communication skills
- Positive and proactive individual
- Excellent verbal, written communication, presentation skills and possesses the ability to communicate with all levels of the management
- Ability to adapt and be flexible while responding to deadlines on assignments and work flow fluctuations
The Manager Vendor Management will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.