Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Total Rewards Consultant acts as a subject matter expert on total rewards including base pay administration, incentives, health and medical, and work/life balance benefits to ensure Tangerine delivers programs that will attract, retain motivate,and engage a talented workforce.
- Participate in the management of compensation and benefit programs for Tangerine
- Update plan documents and training materials and communications such as compensation policies/guidelines, benefit guides to ensure common understanding and buy-in to program
- Research and evaluate organizational needs and market trends to recommend responsive rewards programs and approachesand to ensure the Company’s overall market competitiveness, including:
- Completing salary and market surveys
- Interpreting data from survey results to determine company’s overall market competitiveness
- Budgeting for salary increase and incentive payout
- Identifying incumbents with salary too high or too low against the market and recommending solutions to Business Leaders and HRBPs
- Developing relationships with vendors and compensation professionals in other companies to understand best practices
- Communicate compensation and benefit programs to employees in order to educate and promote awareness and understanding of the investment that company makes in its employees
- Resolve claims issues for employees that are beyond the company’s benefit plan administrator’s scope of responsibility. Provide support to HR on benefit related issues that require policy interpretation and Corporate HR intervention
- Annual benefit options enrollment project management to ensure deadlines are met. This includes: writing the communications to the employee, publication and distribution of communication materials and forms to employees in conjunction with the Company’s benefit plan administrators.
- Provide integrated advice and support, facilitate training to HRBPs,business leaders, and other stakeholders on a wide range of total rewards-related processes and issues
- Participate in the job evaluation process
- University Degree/College Diploma or equivalent experience in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
- Minimum 3 to 5 years current experience in total rewards
- Compensation, benefits or human resources related designation (CCP, CBP or CHRP) is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to ensure shared understanding of goals, buy-in to planned approach, ability to translate rewards terminology into user-friendly language.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of legislative and compliance related to total rewards
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills required to develop and administer total reward programs, HRIS reporting and other statistical reporting
- Superior excel skills and statistical techniques
- Understanding of job design and org design
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects simultaneously (balance day to day requirements with ongoing projects which involve a significant level of interdependencies)
- Ability to adapt changing business needs and legislative requirements
- Ability to look beyond and challenge the status quo
- High attention to detail
The Total Rewards Consultant will be working in a normal office environment and may be subject to special working conditions based on business needs. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer