Our Mutual Funds Department is comprised of multiple teams, including Sales and Operations. Mutual Funds Sales is not only responsible for facilitating the sale of mutual funds to our Clients, but is also charged with educating the customer on their various mutual fund options. Whether you're looking to invest in the Tangerine Investment Fund, set-up an ASP on your mutual fund account or update your investor profile, our friendly and knowledgeable Mutual Funds Associates will be happy to assist you. Mutual Funds Operations is responsible for all of the processing as well as the reconciliation of Mutual Fund trades. Whether funds need to be transferred from other financial institutions or trades need to be settled, our dedicated Operations Associates are hard at work to process all the mutual fund-related transactions.
The Manager of Tangerine Investments reports directly to the Senior Manager of Tangerine Investments and will lead a team of Investment Fund Associates. The Manager is responsible for the frontline sales team and executing on our mission to Coach, Educate and Enable Canadians to become better investors along with optimizing investment fund sales and customer service execution across all channels.
- Translate the investments business mid-term plan for asset growth into an annualized plan for the frontline sales team and strategically align individual and team incentives to achieve targets.
- Manage and optimize resource allocation for inbound and outbound service and sales activities.
- Create programs that drive engagement and develop the team’s ability to deliver on our departmental mission.
- Lead, coach and develop teams, bringing energy and passion for the business.
- Conduct performance assessments with reports at least semi-annually.
- Drive customer service excellence across all channels and maintain an infrastructure to measure, evaluate, evolve and optimize customer service delivery.
- Collaborate with stakeholders interdepartmentally and cross-functionally to optimize business operations, achieve targeted service levels and execute on projects and initiatives.
- Responsible to coordinate regulatory compliance training and ensure all Sales team activities and dialogue is in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Responsible to maintain business continuity planning and processes for the frontline sales team.
- Inform Senior Management on key issues, objectives and overall status of the sales team and contribute to the investments business strategy and mid-term business planning processes.
- Share the Management On Duty (MOD) responsibility with the peer group and provide/coordinate second-level support for the frontline sales team.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- 3+ years of related work experience, preferably in Financial Services and/or Contact Centre environments
- 2+ years of leadership and management experience
- Completion of Investment Funds in Canada course (IFC)
- Alternate Branch Manager Designation
- Specialized Knowledge
- Expert knowledge in Sales and Customer Service fundamentals
- Technical Skills
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
The Manager, Tangerine Investments will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.