The Mutual Funds Department is comprised of multiple teams, including Sales and Operations. Mutual Funds Sales is not only responsible for facilitating the sale of mutual funds to our Clients, but is also charged with educating the customer on their various mutual fund options. Whether you're looking to invest in the Tangerine Investment Fund, set-up an ASP on your mutual fund account or update your investor profile, our friendly and knowledgeable Mutual Funds Associates will be happy to assist you. Mutual Funds Operations is responsible for all of the processing as well as the reconciliation of Mutual Fund trades. Whether funds need to be transferred from other financial institutions or trades need to be settled, our dedicated Operations Associates are hard at work to process all the mutual fund-related transactions.
The Senior Product Manager, Investments ensures that Tangerine’s Investment products support the strategic direction of our brand, and deliver a wow experience in addressing the needs of Canadians. The incumbent will be responsible for the development and implementation of new Investment products and changes to existing Investment products. Additionally, the Senior Product Manager will be registered as a portfolio manager/advising representative and have the skills, qualifications and relevant experience to perform portfolio analysis and select securities for a portfolio of investments.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of client needs, attitudes and behaviours by thoroughly understanding the results of our initiatives, and regularly listening to clients to develop a deep understanding of their buying process.
- Identify and build the case for the critical product success factors that will make our Investment products valuable to clients and profitable for the business.
- Lead the development and monitor the implementation of Investment product positioning that supports our brand.
- Understand and take action to improve the conversion and client satisfaction numbers for investment products.
- Lead the Investments product team in seeking out incremental, evolutionary and disruptive innovations within the Investments business with focus on products and client facing processes across web, phone, café and paper channels.
- Lead the development of project requirements and business cases to apply client and staff insights to disrupt the market and outsmart the competition.
- Exert top level influence to acquire the necessary resources and approvals to execute Investment product launches and improvements.
- Lead the Investments product team in collaborating with various other teams (i.e. IT, Marketing, Sales, etc.) throughout the organization to implement recommendations that strengthen Investment product features, positioning or processes.
- Present regular status reports to the Executive on Investment product results, plans and strategy.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree in business/finance
- A minimum of 5 years product development experience
- CFA Level 1 or CIM (Canadian Investment Manager) designation
- Minimum 24 months investment management experience and portfolio analysis
- Experience winning business case approval and following through to successful implementation
- Meets all requirements and qualifications to be registered as an Advising Representative (AR
- Specialized Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of Investment products, key success factors and the regulatory environment surrounding them
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
The Senior Product Manager, Investments will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.