The Data Science and Analytics department works with all areas of the business on report automation, data centralization, testing, technical consulting and training and using deep analytics to optimize business decisions.
Reporting to the Director of Data Science and Analytics, this role will focus on client and account behavior to identify segments, trends and opportunities related to the Bank’s go to strategies. In this role you will support the development of client centric analytics to drive acquisition and cross-sell marketing opportunities. This is a technical position with respect to design, development and implementation of predictive analytics focused on Customer Behavioral. The position encompasses the analytic development process from design to validation, including related standards and reporting for successful implementation.
The Analyst, Data Science and Analytics, will contribute to building a data-driven decision making culture across all lines of business, with thought leadership through analytics.
- Understand complex data networks and navigate through data to get at the relevant information to inform business decisions.
- Acquire and filter through large volumes of information to develop recommendations through behavioral analytics.
- Work with large datasets and distributed computing tools for analytics.
- Consult on analytics and programming in both mentoring and classroom settings.
- Develop a centralized view of data by aggregating the information necessary for reporting and analytics throughout the organization.
- Create and automate a consistent view of reporting throughout the organization by partnering with the business to address ongoing needs.
- Lead the company on the transition into open-source programming.
- Proactively prepare performance summaries for presenting to Sr. Management and liaise with key organizational partners, including the Client Insights Team and the Management Accounting Team, to triangulate performance reporting and discern key drivers.
- Deliver regular accurate volume activity and account forecasts for Tangerine’s businesses both for the calendar year and for the medium term plan (MTP).
- Proactively build and maintain regular detailed reports to augment existing dashboards, highlighting important trends in key deposit product lines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Statistics, Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of relevant work experience applying analytics to enhance business strategy
- Experience with machine learning algorithms is an asset
- Technical Skills
- Extensive experience with analytic tools (SAS, R, etc.) and open-source programming languages (R, Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience using and implementing visualization tools (BI, Tableau, Business Objects)
- Experience cleaning, managing and visualizing data (structured and unstructured)
- Solid SQL skills for querying relational databases (SQL Server, DB2, MySQL)
The Analyst, Data Science and Analytics will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.