Integrated Marketing is responsible for ensuring that Tangerine delivers world-class, integrated creative communications that emotionally connects with consumers in order to strengthen Client activation, growth and advocacy. We ensure a consistent and integrated application of the Tangerine brand across traditional and digital marketing communication activities (i.e. with a focus on below the line communications). We act as an advocate of the Tangerine Brand and are responsible for executing integrated marketing communications for prospects and existing Clients.
The Senior Manager, Client Contact Strategy is responsible for leveraging our client segmentation model to develop a robust client contact strategy in order to develop and retain Clients at Tangerine. The successful candidate will be passionate about taking a client-centric approach to contact strategy and communications to drive highly personalized, relevant communications to clients across both inbound and outbound channels. This Senior Manager be well versed in Agile delivery and will help evolve our process for managing and executing client communication strategies. Reporting to the Director, Marketing Communications Management – the successful candidate will develop strong working relationships across cross-functional teams (IT, C/X, CRM being critical) with the potential for one direct report.
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of contact strategies by customer segment across touch points (including owned channels - Direct Mail, Email, SMS, targeted banners and media)
- Develop customer experience journey maps by client segment to incorporate into communications strategies
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of multi-channel contact strategy and optimization
- Work closely with IT, Client Insights, Digital Creative, and CRM to drive data requirements, testing, and reporting to ensure continuous learning
- Lead development and shift to a client-focused approach to marketing planning across departments working closely with key counterparts within Communications Strategy, CRM and Product; Evolve processes accordingly
- Actively lead and collaborate with all cross-functional partners including key stakeholders, product management, creative and writing services, public relations, Service & Sales/e-Services, marketing operations, and consumer insights within Tangerine
- Work together with Performance Measurement/Client Insights team to establish metrics and integrate client-centric reporting. Work with counterparts to review results, take corrective action to adjust marketing plans and continuously learn and drive positive returns.
- Lead the prioritization process for all client communications and lead a cross-functional Prioritization Committee
- Develop both long and short term testing frameworks, evaluate results and adjust plans regularly
- Share contact strategy, insights and actions on a quarterly basis to executive team
- Manage governance process around Insights, Activations/Engagements & Client Journeys
- Help other business partners articulate needs/requirements for Insights on an ongoing basis
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years in a marketing management with 3-5 years of CRM specific experience.
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills with the ability to develop successful business relationships and work at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, develop and research alternatives, and make customer-focused recommendations
- Ability to influence others and overcome resistance
- Experience and in-depth understanding of Agile methodology, managing user stories (?)
- Comfort with ambiguity and change; able to make strong recommendations and decisions despite ambiguous situations
- Strong project management skills; able to deliver consistent high quality results on time
- Ability to direct the work of cross-functional team members
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing / MBA Preferred
- Experience with inbound marketing platforms an asset (eg. IBM Interact, Marketo, Eloqua)
- Experience with customer journey mapping and solutions design an asset
- The Senior Manager, Client Contact Strategy will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
- Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
- All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer