The Marketing department ensures that our brand image is what we want it to be with Canadians. The department is made up of the following teams:
- Creative Services
- Content & Writing Services
- Marketing Planning & Intelligence
- Marketing Projects & Operations
- MARCOM Management
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Planning & Intelligence, the Senior Analyst of Marketing Intelligence is responsible for contributing to the Client Centric marketing strategy by delivering data-driven insights that have a direct impact on decision making and strategy development. This role is responsible for leading and delivering key analytic insights to drive profitable growth from new and existing Clients.
As a central point of contact for Client Insights, the Senior Analyst of Marketing Intelligence will lead and contribute to building a data-driven decision making culture in marketing by applying thought leadership through analytics. As a result, this role will support the marketing department in providing actionable insights to inform business opportunities and strategic direction of the Brand.
- Apply advanced analytic techniques to identify actionable insights and business opportunities to advance and inform the Client Centric marketing strategy; including Client profiling, segmentation, behavioral analysis.
- Consult with internal clients; delivering analytic insights to strengthen project scopes and objectives as required; including ownership of analytic projects identifying opportunities to advance the Bank’s strategies.
- Develop and run reporting and/or dashboards as required to enable effective measurement of campaigns and ongoing performance against key KPIs.
- Provide end-to-end support to test and learn initiatives, from consulting on approach to ensure objectives are feasible, measureable, and aligned with the Marketing Strategy, to reporting and/or conducting post-mortem analysis on results.
- Liaise directly with business stakeholders, taking a leadership role in providing actionable insights to support the corporate and marketing specific strategies and communicating findings in a professional, clear and actionable manner, articulating next steps and actionable insights.
- Manage and develop strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders (IT & BI) to improve the capabilities of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and utilization of Marketing Analytic tools.
- Manage and cultivate strong working relationships with analytic vendors, responsible for application and utilization of third-party data & analytics tools. Expected to be subject matter expert representing the Marketing Intelligence Team.
- Support the development of internal processes and documentation governing all aspects of the work, including continuous improvement of existing processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Mathematics or Statistics preferred
- 5 year experience in advanced analytics:
- Client Insights (Profiling and Segmentation concepts)
- Performance Measurement
- Predictive Analytics
- Experience in financial services or retail analytics environment considered an asset
- 5 year experience with robust data environments:
- Understanding of database marketing
- Knowledge of proprietary databases and warehouse structures
- 5 year experience with Analytic tools:
- SAS (Base SAS, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner) or related tools
- SQL Server programming
- Microsoft Power BI platform
- Abilities and Aptitudes
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively at different levels of understanding and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Able to play a consulting role with stakeholders across the business, promoting the use of advanced analytics and defining scope and measurement of test and learn objectives.
- Ability to integrated insights from multiple sources of data to build a compelling story.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to conceptualize strategy.
- Curiosity and a detail orientated attitude.
The Senior Analyst, Customer Analytics will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.