Business Intelligence department works with all areas of the business on data analysis, data definitions, report automation, data centralization, data testing, technical consulting and training to enable business units to track business performance results and to optimize business decisions towards successful Tangerine growth and development.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence, the Business Intelligence Data Analyst is responsible for delivering effective reporting and data-driven insights of business results. The responsibilities of this role are to analyze, define and develop reporting, enabling business management to track business performance and identify trends through data-driven insights. The incumbent will execute and manage scheduled and ad-hoc assignments, analyze the data and consults the end users, investigate on data issues, reviews and updates procedures and participates in other unscheduled activities. This position requires strong aptitude for data work, analytical and communication skills and ability to adapt to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Interpret business needs into data requirements, including such attributes as naming standards, consistent data definitions, data aliases, associated business rules, data sources, retention criteria, derivations, security restrictions, accessibility, reusability, currency, frequency of update and integration.
- Design, development and implementation of business ad-hoc requests and analytical solutions based on SQL (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) and SAS (SAS Studio, SAS EG) and MS BI Tools (Power Pivot, Power Query).
- Develop working relationship with business and analytic partners and serve as a resource for reporting.
- Develop working relationship with analytic partners to develop an understanding of analytic needs and opportunities for improvement.
- Produces specialized reports and data extracts for assigned business areas while demonstrating solid understanding of business objectives.
- Establishes processes to continuously monitor data quality. Ensures processes are in place to proactively detect, correct and prevent invalid data value.
- Analyze and aggregate information and be able to communicate the information to stakeholders on varying levels of granularity.
- Maintains historical data and reports and ensures the accuracy of the information.
- Performs data dictionary updates.
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience (Business Administration, , Information Technology or Statistics)
- 3+ years of data analytical experience
- Technical Skills
- Working knowledge of analytic techniques and utilization of technical tools such as Power Query, Power Pivot, SQL and SAS (SAS Studio, Enterprise Guide) an asset
- Experience with MS EXCEL macros and VBA
- Strong aptitude with the use of data
- Sound knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Power Query and Power Pivot
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of SAS programming as asset
- Ability to articulate business results effectively, accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to apply analytic thinking to assist business in the execution of data-driven strategies
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
The Business Intelligence Data Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.