The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Network System Administrator is a key member of the Network and Delivery Services Team who is responsible for the implementation, administration, maintenance and support of the organization’s network architectures, including LAN, WAN, connections with the WAN and to the Internet. The Network System Administrator will also provide technical experience and expertise in administering and maintaining a stable and available environment for the SAN configuration, from a switching perspective and monitoring alert systems. The Network System Administrator will report directly to the Team Lead of Network Systems.
- Install, configure, administer, and support necessary hardware and software for LAN WAN and SAN, including hubs, switches, routers, firewalls, network monitoring tools, configuration backup tools, network elements, and wiring to provide an optimized and reliable environment to run production applications and to perform development.
- Perform maintenance and release upgrades on a timely basis or as needed; troubleshoot and provide solutions to LAN/WAN/SAN hardware and software problems.
- Perform maintenance and release upgrades on a timely basis or as needed; troubleshoot and provide solutions to monitoring alert systems.
- Monitor network performance and capacity in the areas of response, throughput, and availability.
- Perform analysis of LAN, WAN and SAN requirements, and contribute to design of LAN, WAN and SAN architecture, integration and installation.
- Assist with the completion, documentation and reporting of network sniffing and traces as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of monitoring alert systems and configuration.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of all LAN, WAN, SAN and Internet connections and configurations.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of all network and network security equipment and configurations.
- Install, configure and administer hardware and software systems that provide appropriate network security functionality.
- Perform SAN switch administration tasks, which include monitoring, performance optimization, maintenance, and production support for switches.
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new or improved network hardware/software/devices.
- Assist in maintaining and testing business continuity/disaster recovery plans, processes, and procedures necessary to recover services in the event of a declared disaster.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience supporting a large scale, mission critical enterprise infrastructure
- Professional Certification
- Related networking and security certification is a plus
- Technical Skills
- Experience with networking hardware and cabling technologies
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on working experience with current operating systems (Windows, UNIX, AIX and Linux), and Cisco switches and routers, current network applications, all network layers, routing, switching and related protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, SFTP, FTP, SSH, TELNET, DNS, DHCP, RIP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, SNMP and RMON etc.)
- Experience with complex TCP/IP networks which include multiple routing protocols and knowledge of BGP, OPSF and CWDM/DWDM technologies
- Excellent knowledge of network fault isolation tools and protocols (sniffer traces, SNMP, etc.)
- Hands-on skill and technical proficiency in router and switch configuration, network topologies, applicable software, problem determination and troubleshooting techniques
- Working knowledge of network tools used in supporting multiplatform environments, troubleshooting network-related problems, monitoring LAN/WAN/SAN capacity, performance, security and availability
- General knowledge of network provider/carrier services, network engineering (hardware and software), network design and planning
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
The Network Systems Administrator will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer