The Marketing department ensures that our brand image is what we want it to be with Canadians. The department is made up of the following teams:
- Creative Services
- Content & Writing Services
- Marketing Insights
- Marketing Projects & Operations
- MARCOM Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible to ensure that Tangerine delivers world-class, integrated creative communications that emotionally connects with consumers in order to strengthen Client activation, growth and advocacy. The Marketing Specialist will be accountable for ensuring a consistent and integrated application of the Tangerine brand across traditional and digital marketing communication activities (i.e. with a focus on below the line communications).
In addition, the position will be an advocate of the Tangerine brand along with being a key resource on strategic branding related activities. The Marketing Specialist of Creative Services will report directly to the Manager of Creative Services and be a member of a high performing team that is responsible for executing integrated marketing communications for existing Clients and prospects. The role will work closely with and foster internal and agency relationships including Digital, Branding, Content, Advertising and Print Production, etc.
- Contribute to the execution of Tangerine’s marketing communications activities (traditional and digital), with a focus on new and existing Clients, to ensure they are meaningful, reflect brand values, connect with the audience across all traditional and digital mediums (web, email, mobile, print, radio, direct mail and television) and solicit the desired consumer responses.
- Responsible for the development, evolution and implementation of all assigned creative marketing initiatives including programs, campaigns, and projects.
- Demonstrate creative thinking to drive our brand forward (i.e. increase client engagement, improve the client experience, streamline conversion and increase brand awareness).
- Enable learning and campaign optimization through test and learn strategies and apply these learnings to future projects and campaigns.
- Possess creative and strategic decision making capabilities to optimize the client experience and increase the efficacy of marketing programs.
- Collaborate on the optimization of campaign/program metrics by leveraging data driven insights and applying them to creative in an ongoing manner (e.g. direct response).
- Responsible for driving creative communications from initial briefing through execution and delivery (i.e. project management).
- Work with agency partners to design, develop and implement Tangerine marketing communications for traditional and digital platforms.
- Utilize website content management system to develop, test and build content for production.
- Continuously monitor and action recommendations for optimizing the marketing funnel to enhance activation, growth and retention of Tangerine Clients. Includes preparation of journey maps as part of campaign development and briefing.
- Oversee ongoing marketing operational activities such as website updates, fulfillment, re-solicitation, trigger based programs, etc.
- Assist in the Collateral Review process by reviewing/approving communications prior to deployment for the appropriate tone and manner and obtaining approvals from various departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Marketing/Advertising, Digital and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3 years of marketing experience in demanding digital-oriented Tier-1 organizations (Telco, Banking, Retail, Technology, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in traditional and digital marketing (online marketing, email marketing, television, radio, out of home, etc.)
- Hands-on experience working with a content management system would be an advantage.
- Presentation skills: comfortable presenting to small and large groups
- Agency experience is an asset.
- Professional Certification
- Relevant Canadian Marketing Association certification is an asset
- Project Management designation is highly desirable
- Technical Skills
- French language skills are an asset
- Proven experience with traditional and digital tools (HTML, CSS, Photoshop, etc.)
The Marketing Specialist will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.