The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The IT Change Analyst is responsible for ensuring Change Management methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all Changes, in order to minimize the impact of Change-related Incidents.
The IT Change Analyst manages changes from inception to implementation ensuring changes are accurately recorded, scheduled and controlled. The IT Change Analyst will report directly to the Manager, IT Release and Change Management.
- Accountable for supporting Team Lead, IT Change Management in managing the IT Change Requests processes and procedures.
- Manage IT Changes through their lifecycle from submission to the completion and closure.
- Conduct Post Implementation Review (PIR) for all IT Changes, review results and identifying areas of improvement.
- Assess the accuracy, priority and impact of all changes ensuring consideration to the potential conflicts.
- Co-ordinate change approvals liaising between approvers and initiators.
- Create and distribute Change Management reports and analysis, answer potential questions and queries.
- Prepare all documentation (including reports, agendas and minutes) for Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Identify opportunities for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability perspectives.
- Act as a focal point on a day to day basis for all change management issues or inquiries.
- Develop a good and enduring working relationship between IT and business.
- Promote and adhere to ITIL guidelines and overall industry best practices, and act as a point of advice in this matter.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience in a support role
- Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred
- Process reengineering experience is an asset
- Professional Certification
- Successful completion or in the process of acquiring ITIL Capability Stream or ITIL Lifecycle stream certification
- Specialized Knowledge
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Competent in:
- Defect Management Tool (like HP Quality Center, ClearQuest and Bugzilla)
- Reporting tools (like MS Office or Crystal Reports)
- Developing simple database queries using SQL
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and MS Project)
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Working experience in Service Management Tool (like Service Now or Remedy CM)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the larger team
- Excellent ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with users at various levels in the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to collaborate with peers and management
The IT Change Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.