The mandate of the Project Management Department (PMO) is to deliver change through automation and reengineering of business processes and to ensure continuous improvement and support of Tangerine's strategy.
In addition, the PMO is responsible for producing the standards, guidelines and policies with respect to business cases, project management, analysis, testing and execution of projects.
The PMO defines and manages development and operational projects and manages major project requests from inception to implementation. Detailed documentation regarding these processes are available to any employee who is involved, or would like to know more about the processes.
Reporting to the Director, PMO, the Program Manager is accountable for planning and delivering a set of interrelated, complex and high risk projects requiring an integrated and cohesive approach (i.e. program) and fit-for-purpose (Waterfall or Agile) project management methodology through all phases of the entire product and software development lifecycle, in alignment with business and/or enterprise needs, outcomes and strategies.
The Program Manager possesses the ability to find creative solutions to resolving issues and managing risks that jeopardize project/program goals and benefits, and removing impediments that are negatively impacting Teams.
In addition the Program Manager will leverage his/her expertise, working collaboratively with key stakeholders to drive decision making on key aspects of the project/program planning activities and deliverables with respect to InTake, Prioritization, Resourcing, Scope, Quality, Schedule, Budget and Reporting in alignment with the Business Case.
Accountable for the overall planning, execution, management and delivery of a strategic Project/Program:
- Determines the organizational and financial feasibility of the Projects/Program together with the Strategic Project Office (SPO), the Project Management Office (PMO) and key business and technology stakeholders to support the completion of the Business Case with precise articulation of business outcomes.
- Delivers on the business strategy and project objectives in the Business Case by managing the delivery process end to end, leading the development and management of:
- High-Level Project/Program Roadmap which takes into consideration business priorities, project sequence, and dependencies and interdependencies between individual projects,
- Project/Program-Level Governance such that the Project/Program is delivered with quality in a timely and cost-effective manner,
- Integrated Plan which incorporates all business, technology and operational aspects of the projects, and
- Critical Path such that priorities can be set and adjusted with awareness of the potential impact on quality, cost and timeliness.
- Provides oversight, direction, feedback and coaching to the Project Managers, Scrum Masters and Project Control Officers responsible for the individual projects within the Project/Program.
- This role may be accountable for managing a team of direct reports.
- Manages project resource allocation across the Projects/Program.
- Ensures projects adhere to audit requirements, and PMO standards, practices, methodologies and tools.
- Liaison with auditors of all types, including monitoring and follow up of audit issues.
- Defines and executes the Project/Program Communication Plan collaboratively with key stakeholders.
- Produces project and program status reporting to Senior Management.
- Manages Project/Program budget in relationship to expected business outcomes value, and provides financial reporting of the Project/Program overall.
- Manages and facilitates issue and risk resolution and/or escalation at the Project/Program Level.
- Contributes to the ongoing maturity, quality and speed of delivery through the improvement of project management methods, processes, tools, standards and best practices.
- Lead or participate in special projects related to the continuous improvement of processes, systems and procedures based on ongoing experience and feedback of the business and performed research and analysis.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of experience in the financial services industry, managing large, complex and high risk Projects/Programs with technology, business, operational and change components
- Completion of post-secondary business and/or technology degree
- PMI accreditation
- Experience in leading large, cross-functional initiatives or deployments, with budgets in excess of $10 million
- Experience solving complex cross-organizational issues, including the development of recommendations to Senior Management
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of the banking industry, a leader recognized for their business acumen by the business partners being supported.
- Specialized Knowledge
- Demonstrated expertise in Project/Program Management methodology, including Governance, Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) as well as SDLC and DevOps concepts
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of product and software development using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and DevOps in addition to Project Management (Waterfall & Agile) methodologies.
- Project/Program delivery experience using Agile/Scrum methodology preferred
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing required Project/Program artefacts i.e. Business Case, Project/Program Charter, Plans, Schedules, Change Requests, and Risks, Actions, Issues and Decisions Log (RAID).
- Technical Skills
- Advanced Project/Program Management skills (resource planning, reporting, prioritization, trade-offs)
- Is proficient with developing and executing various Plans i.e. Resources, Communication, Risk Management, Stakeholder Management and Organizational Change Management.
- Ability to develop effective executive-level communications and presentation material
- Ability to proactively set and manage stakeholder expectations around project/program delivery, yielding consistent results
- A self-managed professional with the ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives under a minimal amount of supervision
- Proven influencing and facilitation skills—ability to help lead large cross-organizational groups through exercises to reach a conclusion, approach, or decision
- Has excellent team building and relationship management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Is energetic, personable, and thrives in a dynamic environment.
The Program Manager will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
This role currently does not have direct reports.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer