The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Database Developer is responsible for the enhancement, development and maintenance of corporate applications and banking systems. The Database Developer performs a variety of duties to analyze, develop, maintain, test, debug, implement, document and support applications under the respective Development team. The Database Developer will report directly to the Senior Manager of Software Development.
- Uses knowledge of analysis, design and programming techniques, development tools and database technologies to develop software changes or resolve incidents to meet the business requirements and Tangerine standards.
- Maintain a technical proficiency with respect to programming languages and processes to ensure that Tangerine is well positioned for technological advances in the marketplace.
- Actively participates in support activities, including investigation and providing resolution to incidents.
- Prepares/maintains the software documents for all assigned work.
- Develops unit test case scenarios and runs tests identifying, analyzing and correcting problems.
- Reviews deliverables with senior staff for completeness and accuracy.
- Plans and prioritizes own work assignments.
- Communicates complex technical issues clearly and concisely.
- Develops alternative approaches and solutions to problems and reviews them with senior staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- 3+ years of IT experience with a focus on software development
- Previous exposure in the banking industry is preferred
- Strong software development background
- Specialized Knowledge
- High degree of knowledge in development lifecycle and software development methodologies
- Competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques
- Strong understanding of various, industry standard software development techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Technical Skills
- A solid understanding of standard methods used to develop software applications for large-scale applications, taking security and scalability requirements into consideration
- Experience with Oracle, SQL, RDBMS Datbase Development experience
- Competent in design patterns, releases/version control, AIX, Windows Server, XML, Web Services
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Competent in effectively using software development and source control tools
- Ability to produce relevant and accurate technical documentation, as required
The Database Developer will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.