The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for implementation, administration, and troubleshooting and production support of Tangerine’s Wintel Active Directory environment. The Technical Support Analyst will combine solid technical knowledge, strong analytical skill and hands-on working experience in the administration and support of the Windows/Linux x86 hardware/software, maintaining a highly secure, reliable, optimized and well managed IT operating environment. The Technical Support Analyst, Hardware will report directly to the Team Lead of Technical Support and Service, Hardware.
- Build and implementation of Windows/Linux x86 hardware and operating system technologies as well as support standards and usage guidelines.
- Implement and maintain all Windows/Linux servers/storage which includes all application, file and print, Citrix XenApp and BCP servers.
- Provide administration, maintenance and technical support of the VMware ESXi virtual platforms. Including administration of the VMWare SRM, VRA and Horizon suite.
- Provide administration, maintenance, optimization, capacity planning, operating system patch management and technical support of the production and development environments.
- Ensure compliance with Windows/Linux Server disaster recovery and contingency plans to assure rapid recovery of systems in the event of an emergency of disaster.
- Provide second level support for all desktop hardware and software for all Tangerine sites.
- Install and support various departmental server applications for the business units.
- Actively participate in the evaluation and selection process for new Windows x86 server infrastructure technologies.
- Assist with the administration, maintenance and technical support of Ping Identity, ServiceNow, EWMS and FileNet applications.
- Required to be available outside normal business hours.
- Required to carry mobile device and pager to handle 7x24 support issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- 3+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in system administration supporting a large scale, mission critical enterprise infrastructure
- Working knowledge and hands-on working experience of Microsoft System Center, Red Hat and VMware suite of products.
- Strong knowledge of HP server hardware (NIC, RAID, SCSI) including HP OneView and iLo
- Hands-on knowledge of authentication products for both Linux and Windows Server environments, Microsoft Active Directory and Red Hat IDM.
- In- depth knowledge of and working experience with related protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, SFTP, TELNET, DNS, DHCP and SNMP etc.)
- Working knowledge of routing, VPN, firewall and system security
- Solid troubleshooting abilities, both proactive and reactive
- Demonstrated excellence in documenting complex enterprise level systems and procedures
- Able to proactively share and communicate complex technical and procedural information
- Logical thinker, step oriented problem solving
- Good verbal and written communications, including presentation skills
- Detailed-oriented and be able to effectively prioritize his/her efforts, follow-up to ensure all aspects of the engagement are addressed, and escalate issues appropriately
- Proactive and results-oriented with good time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure and focus on multiple projects concurrently
- Very hands-on person, willing to dive in and take charge, identifying and tackling key issues
- Strong team player who is confident and challenged in a fast-paced environment supporting a wide range of technologies
The Technical Support Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.