Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a virtual bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients.
The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for both Deposit/Chequing and Lending products.
The following teams along with their specialized focus is what makes Client Business Support an integral piece of our organization:
- Account Opening
- Registered Products, Statements and Year- End
- Mutual Funds and Cannex
- Quality Assurance
Overall, Client Business Support is committed to delivering a 'Wow' experience. While we do not speak directly with our clients, we make sure we deliver on promises made to our clients!
A CBS Estates Account Manager’s (EAM) Level 2 primary role is to guide clients through the Estates and Power of Attorney process. The EAM 2 actively manages an assigned portfolio of Estates and Power of Attorney clients that have submitted Legal documentation to have their Estates settled/Power of Attorney designated. They are responsible for making the process seamless and easy for Executors to understand. The CBS Estates Account Manager Level 2 will be a “subject matter expert” for all processing and problem resolution as related Estates, Power of Attorney, Bankruptcy, Consumer Proposal, Requirement to Pay, Court Orders and other government issued client related requests. Key responsibilities include ensuring that all EAM’s are following processes and procedures when settling Estate and designate Power of Attorney. Ensures all client documentation is processed and assessed in both a prudent and timely fashion. The CBS Senior Estates Account Manager Level 2 must have a full understanding of Tangerine’s policy, procedure and guidelines while thorough understanding of the various Estate, Power of Attorney and Government legal documentation with the emphasis on provincial and federal legislation.
In addition, the CBS Senior Estates Account Manager Level 2 must be able to:
- Maintain service levels in fulfillment while delivering on:
- Client Service
- Turnaround times
- Analyze Legal documentation and apply strong decision making skills to the settlement process
- Manage a portfolio of Estates settlements and Power of Attorney conversions
- Ensure that all Tangerine Legal Policies are followed
- Retain deposit balances in Tangerine accounts where appropriate
- Start Recovery efforts for Lending products in Estate settlement
- Actively manage an assigned portfolio of Estates and Power of Attorney clients that have submitted Legal documentation to have their Estates settled/Power of Attorney designated.
- The Estates Account Manager Level 2 (EAM2) will have a skill set to process Estates that include Lending Products (mortgages, lines of credit, credits, overdraft), Mutual Funds’ Investments, and Deposit (registered and unregistered) portfolios
- Establish cultivate and maintain relationships with clients, lawyers, executors, and financial institutions
- Cross-sell deposit products (TSA, CSA, TFSA, RSP, GIC, USTSA) to executors and beneficiaries appropriate to each situation with the goal to retain as much of the estate deposit dollars with Tangerine as possible. Conversation will consist of identifying the financial needs of the benefactor and matching those needs with the benefits of Tangerine deposit products. Mutual Fund opportunities will be identified and the call will be transferred to an associate in the MF contact center.
- Initiate Mortgage discharge, transfer, assumption and other mortgage non-fundable procedures with executors and beneficiaries for mortgage accounts being settled in the Estate with the goal to retain the mortgage with Tangerine in good standing.
- Initiate Lending account (CC, ULOC, and RSP Loan) conversations with Estate executor and/or beneficiaries with the goal to recover the outstanding balances during settlement of the Estate. If funds have not been recovered after 45 days and/or the account goes into arrears, the file will be transferred to Tangerines Account Recovery team in the case of mortgages, HELOC, ULOC and loans and our collection vendor AIC for credit card.
- For mortgages/HELOC and other lending products involved in the estate already in arrears, the EAM will make the initial attempt to recover funds to bring the account into good standing. If the Account is still in arrears after 30 days the file will be transferred to Tangerines Account Recovery team in the case of mortgages, HELOC, ULOC and loans and our collection vendor AIC for credit card.
- Participate in the hiring, training, coaching and development of CBS Estates Account Managers
- Participate in tracking performance standards for CBS Associates to increase productivity and service excellence
- Assist Manager by meeting 1:1 with CBS Estate Account Managers on reviewing processes and providing day to day coaching to help eliminate errors
- Approximately 70% of the day is focused on day to day processing with remainder of the day to assist CBS Manager or Senior Manager as required.
- Support CSL and CRG teams by leading investigation and escalated problem resolution for Estate and POA situations.
- Lead in testing and development of training material as required by the business.
- Responsible for same day co-ordination (incoming mail, email, assigning, call split, daily sign off)
- Responsible for the coordination and training/support of new associates
- Lead in the update of procedures and guidelines as new processes are introduced or changed.
- Authorized to make decisions with regards to estate settlement up to $100,000; in accordance with the Processes and Procedures manual
- Provide guidance to executors on the necessary documentation for executors to settle their Estates, which include assisting in the preparation of their letter of direction, Indemnity Agreement and Affidavits.
- Liaise with the Legal, Risk, Fraud, and Service and Sales when necessary to ensure all documents are validated and complete
- Review documents received by executor and Power Of Attorney to ensure that it meets all legal criteria to settle the Estate and designate Power of Attorney while maintaining a high level of accuracy and consistency in document verification
- Provide support to frontline staff on all matters related to Estate/POA/RTP/Bankruptcies & consumer proposals
- Work collaboratively with Contact Center employees and support executors and estate beneficiaries on all aspects of the estate of a deceased client
- Demonstrate effective call control and use of soft skills with each call
- Adhere to Quality Service standards in order to maintain and exceed pre-determined service levels while maintaining a ‘One and Done’ approach
- Commit to on-going Estates/POA training and development
- Contribute and Lead positively and actively in team meetings and discussions with ideas and suggestions
- Proficiency using CPA transaction codes to ensure accurate reporting to the Canada Revenue Agency
- Responsible for meeting Customer Service levels in relation to e-mails, phone messages and fax enquiries. This is done by ensuring all e-mails, phone messages and fax enquiries are responded to within 1-2 business days
- Be fully knowledgeable with respect to Tangerine products, services, policies and procedures.
- Contribute and execute the ongoing process improvements within the CBS Department.
- Lead in discussions with clients to understand the immediate financial needs related to estate settlement
- Enhance the Executor and estate beneficiaries client experience to ensure that client loyalty is maintained
- Work with the Executor, estate beneficiaries on matters related to probate
- Manage the error log for the Estates Team, coach back errors to EAM’s
- Collaborate with Managers and Senior Managers in the completion of the Performance Reviews
- Provide support to departmental initiatives/projects as a SME
- Initiate the departments requests that require IT development (ARQ’s) to enhance existing policies and procedures
- Act as a cross functional SME on two or more teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in a business discipline is an asset
- Minimum 2-3 years of work related experience, preferably in Financial Services
- Completion or enrollment in Estates Planning/Settlement, CSC or related courses would be considered an asset
- 3-5 years of Sales experience required for funds retention and product cross-sell conversations
- Detailed working knowledge of estate administration typically obtained through a minimum of 2-4 years of experience
- Call center experience is required
- Specialized Knowledge
- Developed knowledge of current tax, trust and family law legislation and other relevant regulatory requirements sufficient to understand impact upon Tangerine risk
- Be fully knowledgeable and staying current with respect to all Tangerine products, services, policies and procedures.
- Professional proficiency in all aspects of the business
- Proficient knowledge of Tangerine Legal guidelines
- Technical Skills
- French language skills would be considered an asset
- Proficient customer service and sales skills including ability to discuss product options and features within company guidelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of required PC software and mainframe applications and Microsoft Office applications. Ability to efficiently use multiple software applications simultaneously
- Exceptional writing skills sufficient to prepare detailed descriptions, explanations utilizing specialized estates terminology
- Exceptional organizational skills, particularly the ability to prioritize in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals; demonstrated tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities
- High degree of independent judgment, discretion and initiative
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to match the correct solution to meet the client's needs ensuring clients' expectations are met or exceeded
- Strong interactive and presentation skills sufficient to convey information on issues requiring policy interpretation, in addition to providing factual and procedural advice
- Developed influencing skills to resolve distinct differences of opinion
- Self-planning skills sufficient to schedule, organize and complete assignments according to established work plans
The Senior Estates Account Manager, Level 2 will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.