Service and Sales is one the main avenues of non-technical contact for Canadians with Tangerine. Whether Clients choose to reach out by phone, email or chat, we are here to support their needs. The Contact Centre is located in Toronto and Moncton and has well over 300 employees collectively. Our frontline Agents drive business forward by listening to what our Clients (and prospective) Clients need. This human element has been a key differentiator for Tangerine since the virtual doors opened and still is today.
The Director of Service and Sales Toronto reports directly to the Vice President of Service and Sales. The Director of Service and Sales Toronto is responsible for executing the Service and Sales strategy and tactics in order to deliver a best in class client experience
The Director, Service and Sales Toronto will lead the following positions: Senior Manager of Deposits, Existing Clients and Acquisition and the Senior Manager of Lending, Retention and Acquisition.
- Provide leadership to the Toronto Service and Sales organization, and counsel to the Managing Director, in implementing service and sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the organization’s vision.
- Work and collaborate with Service and Sales peers to build the departmental capability and tactical plans to support the corporate strategy.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure alignment between Service and Sales and other departments.
- Drive sustainable growth including new client acquisition and entrenching existing Client relationships.
- Execute tactical plans and initiatives, drive direction and establish accountability to deliver a best in class client experience via multiple media channels.
- Drive increased client satisfaction and sales while maintaining staff engagement, lower attrition and higher productivity.
- Assist in developing an annual business plan incorporating best contact center and sales and service practices to meet market and company needs.
- Work closely with various stakeholders across the Bank (Marketing, IT, Product) to execute on channel and distribution strategies and programs.
- Manage a strong positive relationship between regional centers (e.g. Moncton) and provide optimum levels of feedback including trends and related analysis in order to realize optimum synergies in all areas.
- Provide client feedback to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Assist in the development of department specific recognition and training and development programs.
- Lead, coach and develop teams, bringing energy and passion for the business.
- Conduct performance assessments with reports at least semi-annually.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- If individual is on the Executive Team (ET), the following accountability also applies: Delegated by the President and CEO the responsibility for overseeing the execution of the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Program at Tangerine as outlined in the Scotiabank Enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in Business Administration or combined formal and business experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a call center environment
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership role
The Director, Service and Sales Toronto will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.