The Manager, Fraud Analytics is accountable for the development and execution of fraud strategies using advanced analytical methodologies and techniques. The fraud strategies will be optimized with the goal of mitigating fraud risk while maintaining a positive customer experience and controlling operating costs.
The incumbent will work closely with business line partners and lead/participate in the identification, development and implementation of new initiatives and projects related to existing accounts.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships (internal and external) and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Develop, execute and monitor fraud strategies for unsecured and secured lending products, leveraging best in class analytics; support Canadian Debit portfolio fraud strategies
- Applies advanced analytics techniques to improve fraud mitigation capabilities
- Report regularly on performance of existing fraud strategies deployed in Tangerine
- Identify improvements of existing fraud strategies, procedures and policies
- Maintain performance reporting and liaise with business partners to assess trends that may impact the business
- Identify opportunities for improvement with focus on risk/return while ensuring alignment with Fraud Operations teams
- Identify and escalate fraud risks that are or will become in excess of the Risk Appetite
- Leverage data mining tools (SAS, Angoss, Python, R) to formulate fraud strategies that minimize fraud losses while maintaining a positive customer experience and controlling operating costs
- Oversee management of rule development and implementation in PRM
- Lead, contribute and/or support a variety of projects and initiatives across the Fraud Management Group as planned (on time/on budget)
- Accountable for achieving both fraud loss false positive targets in the annual plan
- Participate in discussions with IT partners and vendors on requirements and solution design
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Will work with and provide knowledge and technical mentorship/coaching to the Senior Analysts
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A University degree in statistics, mathematics or computer science
- 3-5 years analytical experience preferred including statistical analysis, ideally related to Fraud Analytics or Risk Management
- Specialized Knowledge
- Proven strength in fraud and credit risk strategy development and management
- Technical Skills
- Strong coding, organizing and manipulating large amounts of data (SAS, R, Python)
- Experience with PRM or similar fraud platform strongly desired
- Strong analytical skills, including SAS, Angoss, Python, R
- Strong capability to work with team and business leaders
- Strong ability to lead cross functional teams and collaborate effectively in high pressure environment
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills essential to partner with clients, vendors and management
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong prioritizing, planning, analytical, presentation, project management, and relationship building skills
- Must be self-motivated, energetic and results-oriented and be committed to adding value to the organization with a focus on personal development
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.