The Manager, Strategy reports directly to the Director of Strategy and Planning. The Strategy Department has overall accountability for the development and enactment of Tangerine’s Everyday Banking Strategy. The Manager of Strategy will act as a liaison for the Strategic Project Office which determines the appropriate level and cadence of capital expenditures necessary to effectively execute strategic initiatives. The incumbent also contributes to the evaluation of new business initiatives and periodical reassessments of Tangerine’s growth strategy. The Manager of Strategy will report directly to the Director of Strategy and Planning.
- Develop trusted relationships with key decision makers at all levels across the organization
- Facilitate strategic discussions with key decision makers within the firm, identify potential strategic initiatives and perform feasibility studies on resulting efforts
- Contributes to the overall success of the business through leading, executing and reporting ongoing cross-functional department initiatives and priorities, related to the key strategic prioritie
- Interface with CEO and Tangerine Leadership Team to present insights on current business conditions and future opportunities
- Manage and lead internal and public reports and presentations; key targeted audiences including Board of Directors, Head Office, Employees and Regulators
- Act as the lead liaison of the Strategic Project Office (SPO) and champion of the Project Prioritization Process (P3)
- Manage projects through the approval process, including liaising with lines of business, functional areas and conducting due diligence
- Apply financial and statistical techniques to identify key economic business drivers and to derive business cases around scenarios, risks, and options
- Track results of undertaken initiatives (e.g. new product launches, pricing re-alignments) and pro-actively re-calibrate current practice
- Monitor organizational performance against an integrated system of benchmarks
- Conduct ongoing market assessments and analyze competitive dynamics and trends in current and potential-entry markets for Tangerin
- Creates a result-oriented, collaborative environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective area
- Embrace Tangerine’s promises and leadership competencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) required
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in strategic planning, corporate development or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with financial modeling is considered an asset
- Professional Certification
- Finance or accounting designation preferred
- Specialized Knowledge
- Broad understanding of Canadian Banking operating model
- Ability to apply frameworks and structures to ambiguous environments
- Ability to balance several conflicting demands to achieve optimum services performance with minimum disruption to business operations
The Manager of Strategy will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer