Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a virtual bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients. The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for both Deposit/Chequing and Lending products. The following teams along with their specialized focus is what makes Client Business Support an integral piece of our organization:
- Account Opening
- Registered Products, Statements and Year- End
- Mutual Funds and Cannex
- Quality Assurance
Overall, Client Business Support is committed to delivering a 'Wow' experience…while we do not speak directly with our clients…we make sure we deliver on promises made to our clients!
The Manager of Estates is responsible for managing the performance, quality and production of a team of CBS staff to maximize client satisfaction and meet/exceed the goals of the CBS Department. Utilizing a sound technical, product and procedural knowledge base, the incumbent will manage project activities and deliverables for the department. The Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager of BSA, Registered Products, Estates and Support.
- Manage a team of CBS staff to consistently achieve/exceed productivity goals, SLAs and customer satisfaction results resulting in an outstanding client experience.
- Responsible for overall people management decisions regarding the team including hiring, coaching, performance management and termination.
- Responsible for forecasting and managing work volume for the team including scheduling, deployment and training.
- Monitor daily production against performance standards and SLA’s and ensure team performance data is updated on scorecards.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures that reflect new requirements and cascade information to team and ensure team awareness and comprehension.
- Provide technical and procedural guidance and support to team including managing escalations.
- Main point of contact for critical escalations and customer complaints typically from the CRG (Client Resolutions Group) and/or the President’s Office.
- Solid understanding of compliance regulations related to Product and is responsible for training team on applicable compliance regulations.
- Provide SME insight to the Product team on cross functional initiatives.
- Partner with peers within Client Business Support (CBS) to effect changes and enhancements in a seamless manner and ensure consistency of message across all teams.
- Lead and/or participate cross departmental projects; influence stakeholders to obtain buy- in
- Participate in annual planning sessions to ensure corporate goals are achieved.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with all internal groups within Tangerine to ensure all cross functional issues are identified and managed and opportunities are leveraged.
- Motivate and inspire the team to provide an exciting, educational and rewarding work environment thus increasing employment engagement.
- Responsible for leadership and stewardship of Tangerine policies and goals and adherence to the same.
- Manage the Client Business Support reward and recognition program to support the organizational vision and overall employee engagement.
- Actively participate in and provide feedback on risk assessments.
- Actively participate in reviewing the departments Business Continuance Plan (BCP).
- Ensure compliance with company human resources management policies/programs.
- Ensure compliance with internal governance and external regulatory units.
- May be required to act/be available outside of business hours to handle critical and sensitive escalations.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- 3-5 years of work related experience, preferably in Financial Services including a minimum of 2 years of leadership experience
- Banking, Canadian Securities and/or Investment Funds in Canada courses are an asset
- Specialized Knowledge
- Knowledge of Tangerine Service and Sales policies, procedures and products are an asset
- Technical Skills
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
- Proficiency in PC software – MS Office Suite
- Excellent analytic, organization and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to use tools and techniques to effectively support departmental initiatives
- Ability to resolve customer issues with a focus on improving overall customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to motivate and build high performing teams
- Excellent communication skills
The Manager, Estates will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.