Procurement is responsible for a diverse range of activities as well as the processes and systems that support them. These include Third Party Risk Management (TPRM); Contract negotiation and approvals; Contract system administration; Cost saving, Optimization and value creation; Strategic sourcing and competitive market analysis; Purchasing; Vendor management; Category expense management and spend mapping; Standards implementation and oversight.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Sourcing, Facilities and Real Estate, the Procurement Specialist is responsible to collaborate in the implementation and oversite of Tangerine’s Procurement Guidelines, Scotiabank’s Global TPRM program, contract system management and Scotiabank’s Strategic Sourcing CoE directives ensuring support and guidance is provided to the business units in their individual procurement accountabilities.
- Promote and deliver continuous training and awareness to the business units on all procurement related responsibilities including TPRM, Contract and vendor management and Strategic Sourcing accountabilities;
- Maintain Tangerine’s procurement guidelines, TPRM Appendices, templates, tools and training material, supporting the business units in their accountabilities;
- Support and oversee that respective Contract Managers are implementing TPRM and processes in alignment with all Regulatory requirements;
- Support and oversee that respective Contract Managers upload, monitor, review and complete all due diligence required by the Contract Management System;
- Support and oversee that business units implement Strategic Sourcing RFx processes, quotations, proposals, bidding processes and analysis;
- Update and monitor, going forward, the content of both the current Contract Registry and Scotiabank’s VISTA database ensuring reconciliation as required by Tangerine’s procurement guidelines and collaborate with all stakeholder’s in the complete migration of Tangerine’s Contract Registry to VISTA when all end to end procurement system modules are operationalized;
- Validate contract values by reconciliation with AP spend analysis; Conduct spend analysis by category and collaborate with Scotiabank Strategic Sourcing CoE on spend map analysis as required;
- Report on Contract Manager’s compliance to TPRM and Tangerine Procurement Guidelines;
- Liaise and collaborate with the legal department as required for contract execution;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Procurement, Law or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of 3-5 years demonstrated experience in Procurement and Contract Administration with increasing levels of responsibility;
- Demonstrated experience in Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management best practices;
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management preferred;
- Technical Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Contract registry systems
- Abilities + Attributes
- Proactive, results oriented;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Self-motivated, flexible, and a strong team player;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with stakeholders at all levels of the Organization;
- Highly developed time management skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to details;
- Strong analytical skills
The Procurement Specialist will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.