The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Network System Administrator is a key member of the Network and Delivery Services Team who is responsible for the implementation, administration and maintenance of the organization’s network architectures. This includes LAN, WAN, VPN, Cloud, SDN and internet gateways. The Network System Administrator will also provide technical experience and expertise in administering and maintaining a stable DNS and load balancing environment.
Reporting directly to the senior manager of Network Delivery Services, the Network Systems Administrator will combine their strong technical knowledge with industry trends to ensure that the Infrastructure is evolving to meet the requirements of the next generation of systems and applications.
- Install, configure, administer, and support necessary hardware and software for LAN and WAN infrastructures; including hubs, switches, routers, external firewalls, load balancers, network monitoring tools, configuration backup tools and wiring to provide an optimized and reliable environment to run production applications and to perform development.
- Perform maintenance and release upgrades on a timely basis or as needed; troubleshoot and provide solutions to LAN/WAN hardware and software issues.
- Perform maintenance and release upgrades on a timely basis or as needed; troubleshoot and provide solutions to monitoring alert systems.
- Monitor network performance and capacity in the areas of response, throughput, and availability.
- Perform analysis of LAN/WAN requirements and contribute to design of LAN, WAN and SAN architecture, integration, and installation.
- Assist with the completion, documentation and reporting of network sniffing and traces as necessary.
- Monitor, assess and act upon applicable security advisories and vulnerabilities.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of monitoring alert systems and configuration.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of all LAN, WAN, Load Balancing, DNS and Internet connections and configurations.
- Install, configure, and administer hardware and software systems that provide appropriate network security functionality,
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new or improved network hardware/software/devices
- Assist in maintaining and testing business continuity/disaster recovery plans, processes, and procedures necessary to recover services in the event of a declared disaster
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in a related IT discipline or equivalent job experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience supporting a large scale, mission critical enterprise infrastructure.
- Professional Certification
- Cisco CCDP, CCNP, F5, CISSP, Microsoft, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, VMware, IDS/IPS and other professional certifications.
- Specialized Knowledge
- Sound understanding of general business conditions and practices and Tangerine’s strategic direction to be able to effectively relate technology to business opportunities
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate technology concepts amongst peers.
- Technical Skills
- Experience managing and maintain complex TCP/IP networks with multiple routing protocols such as e/iBGP, EIGRP, OSFP, MPLS and IP Multicast.
- Demonstrated excellence in documenting complex enterprise level systems, processes, and proactively sharing and communicating complex technical information.
- Excellent knowledge of network fault isolation tools and protocols (sniffer traces, SNMP, netflow etc.)
- Hands-on skill and technical proficiency in routing and switching, network topologies, applicable software, problem determination, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of Load-Balancers, WAN and Cloud security platforms, such as F5, Riverbed and Bluecoat.
- Experience or knowledge of SDN technologies and concepts such as micro-segmentation, IAAS, SD-LAN and SD-WAN are major assets.
- Experience with network segregation, both logical and physical and GSLB (Global Server Load Balancing) architectures.
- Extensive hands-on working experience and knowledge of current operating systems (Windows, LINUX and AIX), Cisco (IOS, NX-OS and IOS-XE), current network applications, all network layers, routing, switching and related protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, SFTP, FTP, SSH, TELNET, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, IPv6 and RMON etc.).
- Working knowledge of network tools used in supporting multiplatform environments, troubleshooting network-related problems, monitoring LAN/WAN capacity, performance, security and availability.
- General knowledge of network provider, carrier and cloud services
- Demonstrated excellence in documenting complex enterprise level systems and procedures, and proactively sharing and communicating complex technical and procedural information
- Proactive and results-oriented with good time management skills, and the ability to work well under pressure and focus on multiple priorities concurrently.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Very hands-on person, who embraces new technologies and concepts.
The Network and Security Architect will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.