Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a virtual bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients. The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for both Deposit/Chequing and Lending products. The following teams along with their specialized focus is what makes Client Business Support an integral piece of our organization:
- Account Opening
- Registered Products, Statements and Year- End
- Mutual Funds and Cannex.
- Quality Assurance
Overall, Client Business Support is committed to delivering a 'Wow' experience…while we do not speak directly with our clients…we make sure we deliver on promises made to our clients!
The Senior Specialist Payments, Level 2 will assist in leading a team for processing and problem resolution items as related to customer transactions generated by the Call Centre, Café’s, mail-in, fax, online applications and from various other departments, with an emphasis on quality and integrity of work, observing established timeframes for all work to be completed with the agreed service level.
The Payments Team is responsible for the daily processing of payment items within the bank. This includes but is not limited to all Electronic Funds Transferred, Email Money Transfers, Requests to post transactions from various departments, Account maintenance, Bill Payments, ABM Support, Credit Card processing, Dispute resolution with other FI’s and other various payment investigations
The incumbent is expected to participate in projects and will represent the department as a subject matter expert as related to the specified functional area to complete all or part of the procedures, testing and/or training.
The position offers the incumbent an opportunity to utilize strong time management skills, lead by example, able to participate in peer coaching and provide written feedback for documented reviews.
In addition, the Senior CBS Specialist Level 2, Payments must be able to:
- Maintain service levels in fulfillment while delivering on:
- Client Service
- Turnaround times
- Analyze daily volumes, trending and unusual activities
- Ensure that all Tangerine Legal Policies are followed
- Ensure compliance with internal governance and external regulatory units
- Represent the Payments Team as a SME on all deposit products by answering questions and providing training for both internal and external clients, and new hires
- Monitor, support and provide assistance for daily Payments processing
- Complete processing of ABM adjustments and returned cheques
- Ensure timely processing of daily team reports, queues, team email inboxes, and cheque items.
- Maintain adequate stock of office supplies and order as needed
- Participate in the hiring, training, coaching and development of CBS Associates.
- Participate in tracking performance standards for CBS Associates to increase productivity and service excellence.
- Participate in investigation and escalated problem resolution, liaising with other Senior Associates, CBS Manager and the CRG TEAM, Service and Sales as required.
- Assist in solution management dedicated to providing a positive work environment, foster teamwork, growth and maintaining high team morale.
- Assist Managers by having 1:1 meetings with CBS Associates on reviewing processes and providing day to day coaching to help eliminate errors.
- Collaborate with Managers and Senior Managers in the completion of the Performance Reviews.
- Be fully knowledgeable with respect to Tangerine products, services, policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the ongoing process improvements in the CBS Department.
- Comply with the Tangerine Code of Conduct.
- Participate / Lead in testing and development of training material as required by the business, also review / draft BRD and create test cases applicable for the project.
- Provide support to departmental initiatives/projects as a SME.
- Ability to analyze, negotiate, influence and display the confidence to make independent decisions
- Support ARQ selection of change request.
- Act as a cross functional SME on two or more processing areas within the Payments Team.
- Work closely with inter-departmental teams (i.e. IT, Service and Sales, Legal and Compliance, Finance, Account Recovery, Risk etc.) to assist with investigations and reconciliation on a daily basis
- Process Set-Offs and Write-offs for delinquent accounts
- Accountable for investigations related to Credit Card, ABM deposits & withdrawals, bill payments, Switch Processes, Email Money Transfer, EFT Payments, Direct Deposits, Pre-Authorized debits, Point of Sale
- Sound knowledge of clearing and settlement process end to end (CPA clearing process)
- Required to provide volumes to Management for Monthly Volumes Reporting
- Participate in testing and development of training material as required by the business. Handle inbound calls, emails and tickets from internal and external customers which may include account research and resolution of product questions or issues
- Participate, coordinate, lead in team meetings, plan and achieve department and individual goals and build positive relationships with internal and external clients
- Collaborate with team members to ensure procedures are current and documented. Participate and contribute on cross-functional committees as assigned
- Communicates regularly with internal clients, team members, and management on any exception items
- Required to work with external Vendors (TELUS, BNS, INTRIA, RBC, D+H, TSYS, M1S) to resolve any client’s escalations and system issues.
- Require strong negotiation skills for Disputes Settlements with other FI’s
- Investigating and analyzing all incoming disputes carefully to ensure zero financial losses
- Approximately 70% of the day is focused on day to day processing (including escalations, etc.) with remainder of the day focused on coaching, quality control and providing feedback on quarterly/annual reviews/development plans.
- Work with other areas of the Bank including but not limited to IT, PMO, Finance, Fraud, Service and Sales, Legal, and the Product team to fine-tune processes, develop process efficiencies and work on projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- 2-3 years of work related experience, preferably in the Financial Services
- Enrollment and completion of Targeted Selection course
- Enrollment and completion of Coaching to exceed course
- Knowledge of Tangerine products, systems, policies and procedures an asset
- Knowledge of CPA rules on cheque clearing and MAND/AML legislation an asset
- Bilingualism (French/ English) an asset
- Knowledge of Visio processing mapping
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent Phone Etiquette
- Proficiency in PC software – MS Office Suite
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively coach team members
- Ability to achieve all values and competencies outlined within the CBS Development matrix
- Consistently demonstrates positive approach to change and personal development
- Flexible work schedule
- Strong interpersonal and motivation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and team building skills
- Detail oriented, requires a high degree of accuracy
- Achieve strong performance results
The Senior Specialist, Payments, Level 2 will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.