Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a virtual bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients. The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for both Deposit/Chequing and Lending products. The following teams along with their specialized focus is what makes Client Business Support an integral piece of our organization:
- Account Opening
- Registered Products, Statements and Year- End
- Mutual Funds and Cannex
- Quality Assurance
Overall, Client Business Support is committed to delivering a 'Wow' experience…while we do not speak directly with our clients…we make sure we deliver on promises made to our clients!
The Associate, Payments is responsible for the processing and problem resolution of customer transactions generated from Sales and Service, Cafe, mail in, fax, online and various other departments.
The Payments Team is responsible for the daily processing of payment items within the bank. This includes all EFT’s, account maintenance and payment investigations.
The position offers candidates an opportunity to gain experience in account investigation and reconciliation and develop a large understanding of various aspects of the departments within Tangerine and the financial industry. The Associate will report directly to the Manager of Payments.
- Handle, process and complete all banking transactions that result from the Call Centre’s daily activities which include account maintenance, verifying information, entering data into the banking systems and processing items through workflow queues, client/account investigations.
- Ensures timely completion of all cash management activities, electronic funds processing and account maintenance.
- Actively monitor and maintain team email inboxes and processing queues to ensure completion within the established service level agreements.
- Reconcile daily processing work to ensure a high level of accuracy.
- Examine returned cheques (chargebacks) to ensure they’ve been returned according to the Payments Canada rules to determine if the item is disputable.
- Must be able to handle high volume of processing especially during peak periods.
- Resolve banking issues for clients, both internal and external.
- Provide Service and Sales support for inquiries from clients
- Provide information on the guidelines and procedures of the CBS Department
- Liaise with other banking and financial institutions in order to resolve complex client issues.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are respected and updated as per the CBS Department’s parameters and changes to any policies or procedures.
- Commit to proactive and ongoing improvement of skills and the continued acquisition of knowledge.
- Contribute to the ongoing process improvements in the CBS Department.
- Actively participate in team meetings, achieve department and individual goals and build positive relationships with internal and external clients.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure procedures are current and documented. Participate and contribute on cross-functional committees as assigned
- Communications regularly with internal clients, team members, and management on any exception items.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- Trust or Banking Institute courses are an asset
- Call Centre experience is an asset
- 1-3 years of related work experience, preferably in the banking industry
- Professional Certification
- Knowledge of CPA rules for cheque clearing and MAND/AML legislation an asset
- Bilingualism (French/ English) an asset
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively alone and with other internal and external specialists while in a high volume environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong ability to perform assigned tasks promptly and accurately
- Ability to work under pressure
- Detail oriented, requires a high degree of accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
The Associate, Payments will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.