The Marketing department ensures that our brand image is what we want it to be with Canadians. The department is made up of the following teams:
- Creative Services
- Content & Writing Services
- Marketing Insights
- Marketing Projects & Operations
- MARCOM Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
The Senior Media Manager is accountable for developing brand awareness and driving prospects through the management of Tangerine’s media budget (i.e. digital and traditional mediums). The Senior Manager works with internal and external stakeholders to set the media strategy and execute initiatives to meet marketing key performance indicators. The role will oversee the relationship with the media external agency partner along with leading internal resources to ensure that Tangerine objectives are met and within budget. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader in the digital advertising space (e.g. programmatic buying, real time bidding, consumer-mobile behavior, anti-fraudulent traffic, etc.) and have extensive experience in working with large scale budgets and producing exceptional results.
- Manages media budget and leads the development, approval and execution of media plan including traditional, digital, and emerging reach mediums across the funnel (top to bottom) for brand and all product lines
- Acts as the primary relationship manager for the media external partner, providing education, guidance, and direction on all media related matters. Inform agency bonus and conduct quarterly reviews.
- Collaborate on the strategic development of the marketing plan/calendar that attracts new Clients, generates more business from existing Clients, and drives profitable growth for the bank.
- Provide thought leadership on media landscape taking advantage of new media innovations regularly
- Instilling a test & learn mindset internally and externally with partners
- Accountable for leveraging internal and external resources to optimize the media mix.
- Build media forecasts for acquisition using internal and external media performance data
- Collaborate on the company's online advertising strategies to continually include site retargeting, search retargeting, behavioral targeting, sophisticated social marketing, affiliate marketing, display advertising, real-time bidding and beyond
- Communicate media plans and activities to relevant internal (e.g. marketing, contact centers) and external stakeholders (e.g. other agency partners) to ensure understanding and appropriate next steps
- Ensure that media opportunities are aligned with the Tangerine brand
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversees the traffic flow for all deliverables within a campaign and provides visibility into status.
- Oversees that the media team and provides specifications and requirements from the external partner and sets schedule of deadlines internally for specific deliverables to agencies
- Accountable for media planning and buying with the external partner and monitors media spending/billings versus plans
- Recommend opportunities to enhance Tangerine’s share of voice metrics versus competition
- Collaborates with internal and external teams to implement the appropriate advertising tags, tracking codes, and other associated tracking elements are incorporated into mass media programs and campaigns
- Review agency dashboards and metrics on individual campaigns; evaluate and optimize using media mix models
- Provide developmental support to direct reports through coaching, experiential learning, educational opportunities, etc.
- Embraces and ensures execution of Tangerine’s promises and leadership competencies
- University Degree in Marketing/Advertising and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A minimum of 10 years in marketing leadership experience in demanding digital-oriented Tier-1 organizations (e.g. Telco, Banking, Retail, Technology, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years of leading high performing teams in digital media (i.e. online, mobile, social, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years of leading high performing teams in traditional mass media (i.e. TV, Radio, Outdoor, Print, etc.)
- Specialized Knowledge
- In-depth understanding of media principles, best practices, creative development, planning and buying functions
- Strong knowledge of media research, trafficking, tracking and reporting processes, techniques and emerging technologies
- Technical Skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to negotiate and collaborate
- Excellent communication, analytical, negotiation, presentation, and collaboration skills
The Senior Manager, Media will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.