The Marketing department ensures that our brand image is what we want it to be with Canadians. The department is made up of the following teams:
- Creative Services
- Content & Writing Services
- Marketing Insights
- Marketing Projects & Operations
- MARCOM Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
The Senior Specialist, Marketing Communication, will be responsible for assisting in the development of the Acquisition Communication strategy – with a main focus on leading the Affiliate Marketing Program, as well as identifying new acquisition opportunities. The Senior Communication Marketing Specialist will work cross-functionally to create and execute acquisition campaigns and promotions to acquire new Tangerine Clients, perform competitive analysis and evaluate various marketing initiatives. They will report directly to the Manager of Client Acquisition Marketing.
- Contribute to the creation of the Acquisition communication strategy to guide continuous expansion of the company's acquisition communication efforts.
- Manage the Tangerine Affiliate Program. This includes managing a 3rd party vendor to maintain, optimize and report on performance. This includes working collaboratively with the Marketing Communications Manager, Client Acquisition and within the greater Marketing team to develop and execute Affiliate Marketing strategies.
- Manage Affiliate Program budgets – spending vs. billing vs. plans.
- Support the Manager, Client Acquisition on marketing strategies to grow the business:
- Based on solid analysis through Client behavior, purchase propensity, channel optimization, profiling and segmentation to drive message relevance.
- Identify, evaluate and test opportunities to acquire Tangerine Clients through new acquisition channels, strategies and tactics.
- Assist in the execution of a comprehensive lead generation approach, leveraging content marketing, media, partnerships, etc.
- Work closely with Social Media Lead and the Mass Media Specialist to develop and execute strategies through Social Media.
- Influences and manages continuous improvement of program process, practices and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the CRM Data Team Client Insights Team to perform on-going reporting and analysis of programs and promotions (sales performance, usage, trends, insights, opportunities).
- Build and manage strong relationships with vendors/agencies and key business partners, both inside and outside of marketing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Marketing/Advertising and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Marketing experience, developing and running Marketing Programs in a demanding digital-oriented Tier-1 organization (e.g. Telco, Banking, Retail, Technology, etc.)
- Prior consumer Marketing experience – understanding consumer marketing, segmentation and targeted communication
- Experience leading Affiliate marketing programs
- Relevant media and Social Marketing experience
- Technical Skills
- Computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities simultaneously and to set priorities to complete tasks in an efficient, accurate and timely manner
- Superior planning and organizational skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
The Senior Specialist, Marketing Communication will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
job description Approvals:
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.