The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for providing first level on-site support on behalf of the Tangerine IT department for the entire Call Centre. The Analyst, will log, filter and resolve all incidents that may arise during operating hours that could pose a potential business risk. The Technical Support Analyst will participate in the resolution of incidents that affects the day-to-day operation of the Tangerine Moncton Call Centre, including:
- Desktop PC/Laptop Support
- Telecom Support
- Server Support
- Network Architecture Support
- IT System Administration
- Computer Room Services
- Supervision of all IT System Support vendors
- Provide second level Help Desk support for all hardware and software for the Moncton staf
- Perform installation, configuration and maintenance of staff PCs, Laptops, Thin Clients and network printers which includes any software rollouts, upgrades and/or Service Packs
- Using the Help Desk incident software provide timely responses to queries, resolution of problems, and escalation of issues to the appropriate business areas and support staff
- Setup any new hires at the Call Centre; ensure voice/data ports are available and enabled; required desktop equipment is available and configured; all required ID’s, security badges and access setup
- Assist the Technical Support teammates with trouble-shooting, maintenance, and support of the server environment which includes installation and racking of servers; administration of servers, user accounts, DNS changes and share access
- Assist with the administration of Quest/Dell Software Active Directory Products including ActiveRoles, PasswordManager and ChangeAuditor
- Assist with the administration, maintenance and technical support of the VMware ESXi/vSphere platforms
- Assist in ensuring backups, monitoring and patching are performed on time and successfully within the environment
- Provide 24x7 support for Active Directory Windows/Linux Server applications in a production environment as required
- Coordinate the Tangerine lease/recycling return process for the Moncton site and ensure all returned hardware is compliant.
- Assist the Tangerine Network team with trouble-shooting, maintenance, and support of the Moncton Network environment which includes installation of cables, switches and racking
- Assist Tangerine Telecommunication team with troubleshooting, maintenance, and support of the PBX switch, Call Recording system, IP phones and circuit installs for the Moncton site
- Provide Moncton computer room support; control access to this room; maintain tidiness of the room; provide after-hours on-call support for any power and UPS issues within this room
- Assume a key role in Tangerine’s BCP and DRP policies and procedures for Moncton
- Explore customer options and explain IT support policies
- Maintain all IT documentation and drawings for the Moncton Call Centre
- Be familiar with all Tangerine Bank security policies
- Act as a site contact for all IT vendors, supervising their access and activities
- Adaptability - Effectively adapts to the constant change and direction of technology. Also able to analyze problems, assess risk and move forward with a resolution within strict timelines.
- Service & Results Oriented - Looks for solutions through automation, technology and process to improve working environment that results in greater productivity and potentially improved return-on-investment
- Team Player - Collaborates with and supports colleagues and peers across the organization by listening and responding to their requests.
- Development of Self – Identifies weaknesses and takes the initiative to foster new skills to improve his/her professional role.
- Creative Thinking – Uses creative, conceptual or inductive reasoning to create new concepts and frameworks that will allow to simplify tasks where appropriate
- Customer Focus - Understands the environment and needs of the end-user for each department and responds accordingly to those individual needs
- Strong problem-solver and team player who is confident and challenged in a fast-paced environment supporting a wide range of technologies.
- Detailed-oriented and be able to effectively prioritize his/her efforts, follow-up to ensure all aspects of the engagement are addressed, and escalate issues appropriately.
- Proactive and results-oriented with good time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure and focus on multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated excellence in documenting complex enterprise level systems and procedures; proactively sharing and communicating complex technical and procedural information.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications, including presentation skills.
- Required to be available outside normal business hours.
- Required to carry Blackberry to handle 7x24 support issues.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Undergraduate degree in a related IT discipline, or equivalent related job experience
- 3 years minimum work experience in a help desk / customer support role within a large scale, mission critical enterprise infrastructure
- Hands-on knowledge of Windows 7/8, Office 2013 and Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Active Directory environments including administration, troubleshooting, upgrade, patch and fix
- Working knowledge of x86 server hardware (NIC, RAID, and SCSI) and Windows technology
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, MS SCCM/SCOM/Lync and Outlook
- Working knowledge of routing, VPN, firewall and system security
- Working knowledge of VMware ESXi/vSphere
- General understanding of Banking/Financial systems would be an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) would be considered a strong asset
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.