The mandate of the Strategic Planning team is to work on Tangerine's top strategic priorities and to ensure exciting opportunities are seized at the right time. The team will analyze market developments, competitor behaviour, product opportunities and will work closely with all departments in order to develop strategies for competitive advantage. The team will play a key role in various projects which will allow them to stay closely connected to the business and help bring Tangerine to new heights.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence Analytics, the Intermediate Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for contributing to the success of the Tangerine business units by delivering effective reporting and data-driven insights of business results. The incumbent will provide guidance, training and oversight to other new or junior team members, analyze, define and develop reporting enabling business management to track business performance and identify trends through data-driven insights. The incumbent coordinates the department’s workflow requirements, oversees reporting, conducts data testing and identifies data issues against expected results. The incumbent also contributes to the evolving capabilities of the Enterprise Data Warehouse and is required to continue to learn and deploy new tools in data analytics. This position requires strong teamwork, collaboration, communication, technical skills and ability to adapt to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Guides new team members to integrate into the Business Intelligence team through hands-on experience.
- Trains other junior team members in the utilization of tools and data.
- Coordinates department’s workflow requirements such as user setups and access.
- Prioritizes work for other junior level analysts.
- Assesses customer needs and proactively provides recommendations to surpass customer’s expectations.
- Designs and develops new scheduled or unscheduled reporting based on new requirements from business units.
- Model data to end users’ requirements to provide user-friendly data models.
- Oversees effective and timely business results reporting in relation to corporate objectives.
- Reviews existing reporting and data controls to identify potential gaps.
- Improves the company’s strategic position through partnership with business units in the execution of data-driven strategies.
- Identifies and researches on business and process gaps through data analysis.
- Conducts data testing for new projects and company’s initiatives.
- Coordinates and oversees data communication sessions with end users.
- Analyzes the business partners’ needs and oversees ad-hoc reporting assignments and provides value added recommendations.
- Coordinates the implementation of new data analytics tools and migration to new data platforms.
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Data Warehouse team in resolution of data gaps.
- Assists the Data Governance Specialist in the execution of data governance controls and contributes to data integrity.
- Maintains historical data and reports and ensures the accuracy of the information.
- Develops and improves on knowledge of the latest BI trends and technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of data analytical experience
- 3+ years of banking experience with a broad understanding of various business processes
- 3+ years of data warehouse experience and other proprietary databases
- 1+ year of experience with MS EXCEL macros and VBA
- Specialized Knowledge
- Understanding of the different business processes and reporting requirements of the organization
- Technical Skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft analytical tool Power Query and Power Pivot
- Intermediate knowledge level of analytic techniques and utilization of technical tools such as SQL and SAS (Base SAS, Enterprise Guide)
- Working knowledge and experience in developing applications with MS Access and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Strong computer skills with extensive experience with MS Office Suite, MS-Project and MS-Visio, Excel
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Sound knowledge of analytical tools such as Power Query and Power Pivot
- Ability to articulate business results effectively, accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to apply analytic thinking to assist business in the execution of data-driven strategies
- Ability to communicate to an audience via in person meetings, presentations and written reports
- Ability to think creatively and visualize customer’s needs
- Ability to proactively identify emerging trends through data-driven insights
- Ability to adapt to fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
The Intermediate Business Reporting Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tagerine is an equal opportunity employer.