The Application Administrator is responsible for the design, implementation, administration, trouble shooting and production support of Tangerine’s financial applications. Success in this role requires a combination of solid technical knowledge, strong analytical skills and hands-on working experience in the administration and support of systems to maintain a highly secure, reliable and optimized operating environment.
The Application Administrator is considered an expert in supporting financial system applications with full understanding of the business impact to solutions and would be responsible for the Mutual Fund Dealer system, Fraud monitoring system, Case Management system and Web Content Management.
The Application Administrator reports directly to the Senior Manager, Development.
- Responsible for the end to end administration (including installation), maintenance (patches and upgrades) and technical support of financial system applications including Mutual Fund Dealer system, Fraud monitoring system, Case Management system and Web Content monitoring.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of knowledge with respect to the Tangerine Architecture Framework in order to evaluate, select, design, build, and implement new applications and technologies – this includes evaluation of hardware and technological oversight of patch installations and understanding any impacts to the business as a result of the solution.
- As the Applications SME, provide technical guidance to the internal development teams responsible for the development and maintenance of all aspects of Tangerine Banking Systems:
- IBM Websphere Application Server
- Web Based Applications
- Mutual Fund System
- Other backend system
- Responsible for partnering with internal teams (IT development, TQA, business units) to coordinate and plan for system upgrades. This includes developing test cases for the business and ensuring positive outcomes in the test environment before the upgrades/patches are moved to production.
- As the SME, build and maintain a relationship with the vendor to ensure prompt attention as it relates to incident resolution.
- Evaluate and recommend server-based solutions to meet changing business requirements to allow staff to work and support the business remotely
- Must ensure availability, reliability and scalability of all applications and BCP execution plans. This includes coordination and ensuring compliance with the organization’s disaster recovery and contingency plans to assure the rapid recovery of systems in the event of an emergency.
- Use and follow Tangerine standards and usage guidelines
- Provide 24x7 support for the applications in both production and non-production environments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in system administration supporting a large scale, mission critical enterprise infrastructure
- Specialized Knowledge
- Experience with Banking Systems and Applications
- Understanding of Tangerine’s Architecture Framework
- Technical Skills
- Hands-on and in-depth knowledge of application server technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to take a hands-on role in resolving technical issues and supporting software environments to identify issues, manage and advocate for products and projects
- Strong problem-solver, logical thinker and team player who is confident and challenged in a fast-paced environment supporting a wide range of technologies.
- Demonstrated excellence in documenting complex enterprise level systems and procedures; proactively sharing and communicating complex technical and procedural information.
- Solid troubleshooting abilities, both proactive and reactive
- Availability to carry a 24x7 production support pager on a scheduled basis
- Good verbal and written communications, including presentation skills
The Application Administrator will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.