Product Management develops exceptional products that are consistent with the Bank’s mission and strategy, and delivers great experiences for our clients. Specifically, the Product Management team builds value propositions to deliver against a competitive product roadmap, manages the profitability and usability of our existing suite of offerings, and partners with key departments to ensure an exceptional client experience.
The Senior Analyst, Credit Card Products reports directly to the Senior Product Manager, Credit Card Products and is responsible for supporting the strategy development and execution of credit card acquisition, revenue programs and product enhancements that improve market share, profitability and the client experience. This role will support the delivery of business cases, process improvements, system enhancements, pricing projects and promotional offers. The Senior Analyst will support the implementation of long and short term goals of the organization and have accountability to ensure credit card initiatives are delivered with speed and accuracy.
- Analyze product data related to acquisitions, client experience, portfolio management and product features.
- End to end ownership of revenue programs including balance transfer and risk based pricing, growing and optimizing the programs to deliver on financial, client, and regulatory requirements.
- Day to day product support for acquisition campaigns, client communications, and client experience.
- Contribute to business case development geared towards improving the performance of the credit card product portfolio.
- Lead project execution by tracking and monitoring the implementation of credit card product initiatives that support our brand, financial objectives and corporate business priorities.
- Consult with cross-functional teams (e.g. IT, Marketing, Service and Sales, Operations, Legal and Compliance, Finance, Risk etc.) to collect departmental impacts and implement business requirements supporting the delivery of pricing and product initiatives.
- Utilize client, industry insights and internal feedback to identify and evaluate opportunities that drive client growth, client engagement and profitability.
- Deliver insights to key stakeholders by communicating findings in a professional, clear and actionable manner, making recommendations and articulating next steps.
- Support the Credit Card Product team by way of technical and procedural knowledge.
- Participate in testing and quality assurance activities pre and post project launches.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in Product Management or Analytics, preferably within Banking or Financial Services
- Specialized Knowledge
- Financial Industry knowledge is an asset, preferably within the credit card space
- Solid understanding of credit card products, processes and operations are considered an asset
- Technical Skills
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Project)
- Strong analytical and data skills including but not limited to Excel, Access and SAS EG
- Demonstrated development of simple financial models to support revenue program pricing recommendations and profitability
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, take action, problem solve and drive towards effective project execution with speed and accuracy
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to effectively manage through change and ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- High level of client focus
- High attention to detail
- Strong collaborator within product teams and cross functionally
- Self-starter and results oriented
The Senior Analyst, Credit Card Products will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.