Product Management develops exceptional products that are consistent with the Bank’s mission and strategy, and delivers great experiences for our clients. Specifically, the Product Management team builds value propositions to deliver against a competitive product roadmap, manages the profitability and usability of our existing suite of offerings, and partners with key departments to ensure an exceptional client experience.
The Manager, Deposits Product Management and Pricing role will be responsible for monitoring and managing the performance of the Bank’s savings products. This Manager will develop product strategies, lead implementation and track performance as well as make recommendations on how to optimize performance within the needs of the business. The Manager will report directly to the Senior Product Manager of Savings.
The successful incumbent will lead the development, implementation and maintenance of product and process changes for Tangerine’s savings product portfolio. The Manager will effectively partner with other teams in marketing and across the organization to create opportunities to strengthen Tangerine’s efficiency, profitability, client growth and existing client satisfaction, while meeting regulatory requirements.
- Manage product performance end-to-end.
- Monitor the deposit industry landscape to identify opportunities to address business and client needs
- Identify and evaluate critical product and process success factors that drive client growth, client satisfaction and profitability.
- Partner with cross functional teams across the Bank (i.e. IT, Marketing, Service and Sales, Operations, Legal and Compliance, Finance, Risk etc.) to drive the implementation of recommendations that strengthen product performance, features, market positioning and processes.
- Use client and industry insights to develop new products and services.
- Recommend product and pricing strategies to enhance market share, profitability and client experience
- Justify recommendations via financial feasibility studies and market research
- Maintain the product positioning that supports the Tangerine brand.
- Provide tracking of key product performance metrics and contribute in depth product knowledge including: key value drivers, key client needs, processes, product capabilities & functions and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare product content for the business to ensure that the client touch points present the features and benefits of our products.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree – MBA preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Product Management or Pricing
- Product management experience in consumer financial products
- Specialized Knowledge
- Extensive savings product knowledge
- Solid understanding of savings products, processes and operations
- Technical Skills
- Strong analytical and data skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to identify client insights and intentions and translate into product strategy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively influence key stakeholders without formal authority
- Able to effectively simplify complexity to ensure a superior client experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship building
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Change management
The Manager, Deposits Product Management and Pricing will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Management Compliance accountabilities:
All managers and above at Tangerine are responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.