The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Team Lead of Technical Support and Services, Hardware is responsible for the implementation, administration and technical support of Tangerine’s Wintel environment from a hardware perspective. This candidate is responsible for administration, monitoring, analysis and troubleshooting consistent with service delivery requirements pertaining to hardware.
This individual must provide guidance and mentoring to team members within the day-to-day administration and maintenance of this environment. The Team Leader will combine technical knowledge with management and leadership skill to ensure IT functions meet business requirements. The Team Lead will report directly to the Senior Manager of Technical Services, Exchange and Wireless Devices.
- Lead the selection, design, build and implementation of new Windows/Linux hardware and operating system technologies as well as supporting Tangerine standards and usage guidelines
- Lead the administration and maintenance of an Enterprise Directory environment
- Forecast Windows/Linux technology capacity requirements as per hardware refresh schedule, as well based on business and internal IT infrastructure growth
- Lead the administration, maintenance, optimization, capacity planning, operating system patch management and technical support of the production and development environments
- Lead the administration, maintenance and technical support of the VMware ESXi virtual platforms. Including administration of the VMWare SRM, VRA and Horizon suite
- Ensure availability, reliability and scalability of all Windows/Linux servers/storage which includes all application, file and print, Citrix XenApp and BCP servers
- Evaluate and recommend server-based solutions to meet changing business requirements to allow staff to work and support the business remotely
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with Windows/Linux Server disaster recovery and contingency plans to assure rapid recovery of systems in the event of an emergency of disaster
- Actively participate in the evaluation and selection process for new Windows x86 server infrastructure technologies
- Assist with the administration, maintenance and technical support of Ping Identity, ServiceNow, EWMS and FileNet applications
- Assist with the administration of Quest/Dell Software Active Directory Products including ActiveRoles, PasswordManager, Enterprise Reporter and Recovery Manager for Active Directory
- Required to be available outside normal business hours
- Required to carry mobile device and pager to handle 7x24 support issues
- Occasional travel may be required
- Lead, coach and develop teams, aligning with Tangerine’s values and promises
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree
- 2+ years of leadership experience with demonstrated success in implementing continuous improvement and strategic initiatives
- 5+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in various areas of large-scale Windows and Linux x86 server deployments and administration
- Specialized Knowledge
- Sound understanding of general business conditions and practices and Tangerine’s strategic direction to be able to effectively relate technology to business opportunities
- Technical Skills
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on working experience Microsoft System Center, Red Hat and VMware suite of products.
- Hands-on and in-depth knowledge of HP server hardware (NIC, RAID, SCSI) including HP OneView and iLo.
- Hands-on and in-depth knowledge of authentication products for both Linux and Windows Server environments, Microsoft Active Directory and Red Hat IDM.
- In- depth knowledge of and working experience with related protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, SFTP, TELNET, DNS, DHCP and SNMP etc.)
- Working knowledge of routing, VPN, firewall and system security.
- Solid troubleshooting abilities, both proactive and reactive.
- Ability to recommend areas of operational system and process improvements
- Very hands-on person, willing to dive in and take charge, identifying and tackling key issues
- Logical thinker, step oriented problem solving
- Good verbal and written communications, including presentation skills
The Team Lead of Technical Support and Services, Hardware will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.