The Associate, Mutual Funds is responsible for workflow processing and problem resolution of customer financial and non-financial transactions generated from the Mutual Fund Call Centre, Tangerine Call Centre, Cafes, mail-in, on-line applications and various other departments.
The position offers candidates an opportunity to gain experience and develop an understanding of various departments within Tangerine, Tangerine Investment Funds Limited and the financial industry. The Associate, Mutual Funds will report directly to the Manager of Mutual Funds.
- Handle process and complete all transactions that result from the Call Centre’s daily activities which include setting up new accounts, verifying information, entering data on the system and client/account investigation.
- Ensures timely completion of all cash management activities, trade processing and account maintenance.
- Actively monitor and maintain mutual funds queues to ensure completion of service request or inquiries. Provide regular follow up on research status as required.
- Reconcile daily processing work.
- Prepare and scan documents into internal imaging system.
- Work closely with other departments to resolve account related problems in a timely manner.
- Provide information on the policies and procedures of the CBS Department.
- Liaise with other banking and financial institutions in order to resolve complex client issues.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are respected as per the CBS Department’s parameters.
- Must be able to handle high volume of processing especially during peak periods.
- Commit to proactive and ongoing improvement of skills and the continued acquisition of knowledge.
- Contribute in the ongoing development of the CBS Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- Minimum 1-3 years of work related experience, preferably in the banking industry
- IFIC Operations Course and/or Canadian Securities Course is an asset
- Call Centre experience is an asset
- Technical Skills
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
- Computer literate; Microsoft Office is an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively alone and with other internal and external specialists while in a high volume environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Associate, Mutual Funds will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.