The mandate of the Human Resources department is to develop, implement and co-ordinate policies and programs related to: employment, employee relations, payroll, benefits, recruitment, internal communications and succession planning and employee development. The department ensures compliance with all employment standards and governing legislation.
The HR coordinator is a key member of the Tangerine HR Shared Services (HRSS) team and is responsible to provide effective and efficient administrative and transactional support to deliver executional excellence in HRSS. The incumbent will provide day-to-day support in areas of leave management, HR transactions, recruitment, employee documentation, HR inquiry intake and other responsibilities as assigned.
- A core responsibility of this role is to support all facets of Leave administration including:
- Initiating, coordinating and tracking the completion of disability documentation including the completing of employer statements for disability leaves as well as acting as support to Managers for co-ordination of return to work plans
- Coordinate with Payroll and liaise with Disability provider regarding approvals and required paperwork to support payment of claims.
- Support Maternity and Parental leave administration by communicating with employees the options available and supporting the administration processes required to facilitate the leave. This includes ensuring records are updated for recording of vacation and wellness days and resulting impact to return to work dates, processing disability leave if applicable, as well as co-ordination with payroll for required employee contributions for benefits and defined contribution continuation.
- Tracking and reporting of leave data.
- Process and maintain Employee data in applicable HR systems and integrated platforms
- Conduct Quality Assurance checks of all HR documentation and systems ensuring quality standards are met
- Manage paper and electronic personal files throughout the Employees lifecycle
- Maintain Organizational Charts for all functional areas
- Prepare a range of Employee documentation including offer letters (internal and external)
- Manage all job boards and external/ internal job postings.
- Support the recruitment process by scheduling interviews, conducting references and sending out DISC Assessments to Employees and Candidates
- Work with successful Candidates to ensure all necessary documentation and checks have been completed prior to joining the organization.
- Complete administration of the Weekly Welcome and Orientation programs for New Hires
- Management enrollment of New Hires into TLC
- Responsible for the HRSS intake process including responding to employees, managers and candidates inquiries on HR related matters and actively participate in the resolution of customer service issues.
- Process and code departmental invoices; routing them to the appropriate individual for approval
- Stay up-to-date with current knowledge of all Tangerine systems, policies, processes and guidelines
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years of HR administration and transaction experience, preferred
- Preferred education: University degree (BA) preferred with a major in Human Resources.
- Required education: College diploma in Human Resources
- Technical Skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Experience with ADP (asset) or another HR Information System
- Ability to work in a busy and constantly changing environment
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to effectively manage multiple tasks within assigned deadlines
- Attention to detail, with excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.