The Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting communications strategies that build and protect Tangerine’s reputation and drive affinity for the brand among internal and external audiences. Primary internal clients for the Communications Specialist will include Human Resources, Finance, IT, Executive Committee and overall Corporate communications.
The Communications Specialist will support in the execution of strategic initiatives that engage and excite external audiences (media, stakeholders, partners and Canadians), Clients and employees through the creative and consistent articulation of the Tangerine brand, corporate platforms, and product initiatives and enhancements.
- Support in the execution of strategic external communications initiatives that drive awareness of Tangerine for dynamic and two-way stakeholder engagement.
- Execute project and tactical plans that include media, stakeholder, influencer and community relations and other communications initiatives that ladder up to Corporate Communications strategy and identified objectives.
- Working with the Corporate Communications team, help identify and execute on opportunities for leadership brand building initiatives.
- Support internal project and tactical plans that ladder up to internal communications strategy and identified objectives.
- Deliver on sharing information regarding corporate update and news with employees in new and innovative ways.
- Act as an internal ambassador to encourage continued employee engagement on existing communications channels (including Tangerine Central and TangerineNow) in addition to new yet-to-be identified communications channels.
- Assist in executing on leadership and organization-wide communications to corporate initiatives and updates. This includes collateral materials to ensure timely and consistent communications to employees on Tangerine priorities.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to deliver on effective, integrated and measurable communications plans for internal and external audiences.
- Assist with the development of internal and external communications materials including press releases, briefing documents, posts/articles, presentations and messaging.
- Work and proactively collaborate with broader Corporate Communications team to help manage editorial calendars and timing of activities.
- In conjunction with the Communications Specialist, identify and report on key performance indicators on an on-going basis.
- Explore, leverage and implement innovative ways to creatively communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing community investment initiatives and sponsorship activations, including on-site support.
- A minimum of 3 years related communications experience gained in a corporate and/or agency environment.
- University or College level education in public relations, journalism, communications or marketing.
- Strong understanding of PR, social media, sponsorship and marketing tactics and how they can work together to drive corporate results
- Excellent knowledge and application of Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and Photoshop
- Strong analytic, organization and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of media monitoring tools and processes
- Superior writing, editing and presentation skills
- Strong business understanding and aptitude
- Able to deal with ambiguity and tight deadlines while working effectively in a team environment
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks by identifying priorities and delivering under tight timelines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and deal proactively with peers
- Embraces and lives Tangerine’s Promises
- Acts as a team player
- Results oriented
- Focuses on the Client
- Committed to self-development
The Communications Specialist will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.