The Risk Management mandate is to provide oversight, monitoring and reporting of all operational, credit and market risks, including fraud exposures on an enterprise-wide basis. It is comprised of four well-defined functions: Operational Risk Management, Retail Credit Risk Management, Wholesale Credit Risk Management and Market Risk Management.
The Credit Recovery Specialist is responsible for maintaining an overall minimal delinquency ratio on the Tangerine portfolio (Chequing, Loans and Mortgages), based on yearly objectives. This includes analysis of client activity for irregular activity and ensuring precautionary actions are taken to mitigate losses, while ensuring company regulations, credit policies and procedures are adhered to. The Credit Recovery Specialist will report directly to the Credit Recovery Specialist.
- Manage overall loan and deposit delinquency ratios based on yearly delinquency targets.
- Resolve assigned daily returned payments; make calls to clients by the end of the current business day to determine reason for arrears and elicit promise to pay; document telephone conversations in appropriate systems.
- Contact clients and utilize strong negotiation and analytical skills to minimize loss and maximize recovery of past due accounts.
- Respond, investigate and act on internal and external email requests, concerning delinquent accounts in a timely manner.
- Assist call centre with escalated problem resolution on delinquent accounts.
- Value customer complaints and respond in a professional and timely manner.
- Issue first and final delinquency notices daily and send to clients.
- Review and update credit bureau information as required.
- Identify and recommend continuous improvement initiatives with an aim to increase the efficiency of the Account Recovery Department and to maintain/reduce delinquencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in banking or account recovery industry
- French language skills would be an asset
- Solid understanding of banking products
- Proficiency in banking systems: DAWT, Profile IBS
- Sound understanding of collection systems will be an asset
- Basic knowledge of government compliance, Estates, Bankruptcy Act, Credit Bureau activities and Collection Agency contracts and policies
- Technical Skills
- Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required
- Proficient analytical skills to be able to identify problems; validate and make recommendations
- Ability to identify problems and make recommendations
- Ability to make decisions under stressful environments
- Ability to practice excellent phone etiquette
- Conveys an Inspirational Tangerine Vision and Strategy
- Acts as a team player
- Results oriented
- Focuses on the customer
- Committed to self-development
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient organizational skills
The Credit Recovery Specialist will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.