The mandate of the Human Resources department is to develop, implement and co-ordinate policies and programs related to: employment, employee relations, payroll, benefits, recruitment, internal communications and succession planning and employee development. The department ensures compliance with all employment standards and governing legislation.
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Management, the Specialist is responsible for all aspects of Tangerine’s Performance Management cycle. They work with primary stakeholders to determine needs, manage expectations, build plans, develop and execute tools and resources to support employees, leaders and drive a high performing culture. They also support the Manager in the execution of other Talent Management Programs to drive engagement and higher organizational performance.
Accountable for the overall planning, execution, management and delivery of the performance cycle as well as other Talent Management programs to drive a holistic view of talent.
- Responsible for defining Performance Cycle activities as per overall Talent Management Strategy for a year in advance and executing on the activities
- Stay well versed in external best practices as it pertains to Performance Cycle in order to develop new approaches that both aligns with research and Tangerine culture
- Be innovative and able to present new ways of approaching performance to support a high performing culture at Tangerine and able to build buy-in to different approaches
- Work closely with IT, HRSS and Total Rewards to build execution plans and understand how systems / technology can support new ways of enabling performance – move from event (once and done) to a continuing, evolving performance mindset based on conversations
- Possesses the ability to find creative solutions to issues that jeopardize program goals and benefits.
- Proficient with developing and executing various Plans i.e. Resources, Communication, Risk Management, and Stakeholder Management.
- Facilitates Stakeholder Working teams
- Designs and develops resources, tools and learning activities to support navigation, adherence and communicates what good performance practices are
- Facilitates learning activities that educate on effective performance management practices to both employees and managers
- Produces reporting on progress of program objectives, including all projects within program
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 Years of Performance Management experience
- Experience in adult learning methodologies, communication
- Experience in designing and developing learning events
- Experience solving complex cross-organizational issues, including the development of recommendations to stakeholders
- Specialized Knowledge
- Performance Management methodology including events in a Performance management cycle, tools to enable, technology
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Principles
- Experience with performance management systems (Success Factors)
- Experience with SharePoint
- Technical Skills
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, capable of dealing with ambiguous situations
- Strong research and data analytics skills - ability to information / data into powerful conclusions and recommendations and to identify trends and impacts
- Nice to have – experience with Captivate
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with objectivity and discretion; high personal standard of integrity
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a close team environment
- Effective project management, time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication, facilitation, negotiation. influencing and consultancy skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
The Specialist, Performance will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.