The Senior Manager, Product Management, Deposits ensures that Tangerine’s savings products support the strategic direction of our brand, meet our volume and profitability goals and deliver a wow experience in addressing the needs of Canadians. The successful incumbent will lead a team in collaborating within marketing and across the organization in the development and implementation of new savings products, and changes to existing savings products. The Senior Product Manager will report directly to the Director of Deposit Product Management.
Develop and maintain a deep understanding of client needs, attitudes and behaviours by thoroughly understanding the results of our initiatives and regularly listening to clients to develop a deep understanding of their buying process.
Identify and build the case for the critical product success factors that will make our savings products valuable to clients and profitable for the Bank.
Lead the development and monitor the implementation of savings product positioning that supports our brand.
- Understand and take action to improve the conversion and client satisfaction numbers for savings products.
- Lead the savings product team in seeking out incremental, evolutionary and disruptive innovations within the savings business with focus on products and client facing processes across web, phone, café and paper channels. Lead the development of project requirements and business cases to apply client and staff insights to disrupt the market and outsmart the competition.
Exert top level influence to acquire the necessary resources and approvals to execute savings product launches and improvements.
- Lead the savings product team in collaborating with various other teams (i.e. IT, Marketing, Sales, etc.) throughout the organization to implement recommendations that strengthen savings product features, positioning or processes.
- Present regular status reports to the Executive on savings product results, plans and strategy.
Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in Business
- Minimum 7 years of product development experience
- Six Sigma Green belt (black belt preferred)
- Experience winning business case approval and following through to successful implementation
- Specialized Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of savings products, key success factors and the regulatory environment surrounding them
- Technical Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
The Senior Manager, Product Management, Deposits will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.