The mandate of the Product Management function is to champion, manage, and develop banking products that provide a mutually beneficial relationship between Tangerine and its clients. The Director of Credit Card Product Management reports directly to the Chief Strategy Officer and is a member of the Tangerine Leadership Team. The Director, Credit Card Product Management is responsible for ensuring Credit Card revenue and volume growth along with the optimization of Credit Card related expenses, processes, policies, and systems, while championing the client experience. The direct areas of accountabilities are Credit Card revenue and expense optimization, forecasting and reporting, channel management, and optimization of product policies, procedures and systems.
Supporting the business strategy and Operating model:
- Responsible for leading the Credit Card Product Management team business including leading the P&L management of the product(s)
- Define and execute the Credit Card strategy and tactics and align resources accordingly to meet organizational objectives
- Align, collaborate and partner with organizational stakeholders to develop and execute Credit Card strategies and tactics to increase revenue from the Credit Card business
- Responsibility for the end-to-end Credit Card product(s) and life-cycles, ensuring every aspect and detail of the value chain are at high standards (e.g., great customer experience at every touch point)
- Continuously monitor and survey the evolving market, competition and consumer trends to proactively analyze and recommend strategies to help increase Tangerine’s market share
Support the business to deliver great customer experience:
- Communicate Credit Card strategies and tactics internally with staff members, and ensuring collaboration and alignment with key stakeholders (e.g., Risk, Compliance, Marketing, Client Business Support, Service & Sales, IT, Client Experience, etc.).
- Reporting and managing the KPI’s and KRI’s for the Credit Card businesses, including establishing departmental goals, projects and operational initiatives aligned with key business objectives
- Ensure that all Credit Card priorities are aligned strategically and have been validated through both qualitative and quantitative methods, including consumer feedback
- Partner with Marketing and other functions to develop and implement marketing tactics that will target value conscious Canadians and clients to help drive profitable volume growth.
- Collaborate with Client Experience and other functions to envision, business case, test, and deploy digital innovations, along with developing user experience journeys for the Credit Card product(s)
- Design, monitor and maintain product policies and procedures that ensure the management of controls (e.g., risk, compliance, AML, etc.) and effective delivery of products to Tangerine clients
- Establishing, measuring, monitoring, and reporting on Credit Card key performance indicators (e.g., product volumes, etc.) and developing recommendations to maintain and/or improve
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement to sustain changes across the Credit Card team and stakeholder areas to optimize the cost base while maintaining focus on client experience
- Responsible for channel management of the Credit card business, ensuring clarity and alignment with all stakeholders
- Developing, maintaining, and updating product management policies and procedures
- Lead and/or contribute to cross-functional initiatives, committees, strategic projects, and new priorities and innovation opportunities across the organization
- Accountable for Credit Cards’ department’s business activities and results, having full accountability of operational budgets, profit planning and all performance tracking
- Lead and/or participate in providing direction, along with negotiating with, external partners and vendors within the Credit Card echo-system
- Participate in the annual strategic and profit planning for Tangerine
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the channel
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide strong strategic leadership to motivate and develop leaders and build collaborative and cross-functional team performance
- Work with members of the organization to create, reinforce and ensure that culture is aligned with defined organizational values (e.g. accountability, ownership, respect, trust, etc.).
- Responsible for timely and effective change management communication and training leading to the successful implementation of corporate priorities
- As a key member of the Tangerine leadership team, actively participate in overall strategic and operational planning and in the development of financial objectives and strategic imperatives for Tangerine and Scotiabank
- Clearly communicate a vision to mobilize and energize the team, and encourage performance; create a high performing culture that stimulates accountability and embraces change
- Attract and retain top talent; develop and mentor future leadership within the organization; build a strong second layer and sound infrastructure for future growth with a focus on maintaining a value oriented culture
- University Degree or equivalent experience
- MBA and/or professional designation (e.g., CPA, CFA) is an asset
- 7+ years leadership experience in a lean environment
- 7+ years in product management experience with direct exposure to Credit Card
- Specialized Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Exceptional analytical skills with proven experience in business casing oversight
- Strong forecasting and reporting experience
- Solid understanding of channel and stakeholder management
- Well-honed relationship building and negotiating skills
- Effective mentor, coach and motivator of teams
- Effective partner and team player with a true team work ethic; works effectively and cooperatively with others; intrinsic collaborative approach
- Brings a big-picture perspective; has the ability to see how all the pieces fit together and contribute to the achievement of broader organizational goals
- Proactive self-starter with a strong work ethic and a high degree of personal integrity; takes ownership and likes to be held accountable for results; able and willing to make decisions
The Director, Credit Card Product Management will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.