The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems.
The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Senior Test Analyst plays a critical role as a member of the Testing and Quality Assurance (TQA) team, which is a significant component of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) at Tangerine. They are responsible for overseeing and all major testing activities for large business and IT driven projects as well as managing all testing phases for projects. A Senior Test Analyst has a strong knowledge base of Tangerine business processes and is proficient in the use of all client-facing services and will work with other test analysts to test functionalities involving Tangerine’s applications, services, software and hardware. A Senior Test Analyst will assist the management to improve testing process efficiencies, research & development and emerging technologies as they pertain to Testing and Quality Assurance. The Senior Test Analyst will report directly to the Senior Manager of Testing and Quality Assurance.
- Manage and Lead Testing activities for large Scale Enterprise wide programs/projects for Tangerine that are executed in waterfall or agile methodology
- Create unified Test Strategies for large programs/projects.
- Test Estimation: Provide overall test estimation (time, budget) for projects including estimation for functional and Nonfunctional testing as well as test automation.
- Collaborate with Stakeholders and participate in requirements, design, and project planning sessions and provide inputs from a testing standpoint at ‘requirements’ stage.
- Lead ‘Static’ testing initiatives at ‘Requirements’ stage.
- Test Case Optimization – Analyze test deck and optimize it for coverage and size using industry standard tools and methodologies.
- Test Automation – Analyze test cases for automation feasibility and automate selected test cases using a test automation tool.
- Risk Management - Document Testing Risks and provide mitigation/contingency plans from testing standpoint.
- Test Environment Management - Work with Release and Environment Management teams to plan and ensure smooth testing.
- Test Execution: Create Test Execution plan and ensure test execution done is on time and with required coverage.
- Defect Management: Setup the defect management process for the project and play key role in leading TQA team in defect triages. Liaison with program management to remove roadblocks around defect resolution.
- Collect Strategic, Tactical and Operational Test Metrics. Analyze current defect and test execution trends and extrapolate data for predictive analysis.
- Liaise with technical test team to create in-house testing tools for specific project needs.
- Contribute to testing process assessment and improvement initiatives in collaboration with IT teams (development, PMO, release management, business).
- Identify regression test cases and provide the same to the regression/Automation team.
- Coach and provide mentorship to the project testing team, including the overseeing of the following types of testing: Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Production Acceptance Testing.
- Provide Weekly dashboards to stakeholders on testing progress.
- Accountable for providing Project Testing Sign-Off. Responsible for Test Closure Document and collection of Test Metrics as defined by the organization.
- Lead PAT (Production Acceptance Testing) during build- implementation days.
- HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) project level administration.
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience in computer Science
- 5+ years of experience as a tester with the software development life cycle and software testing methodologies
- Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred
- Minimum CSTB / ISTQB Foundation-Level Certification or equivalent job experience
- Solid understanding of general QA process, methodologies and tools
- Proficient testing background in the Canadian financial services industry
- Experience testing in agile or Dev-ops environment
- Hands-on experience with Test Automation (scripting) is mandatory
- Experience working with Test Management Tools like HP ALM or similar
- Experience working with Defect Management Tools like Jira, Clear Quest or HP ALM
- Experience with Mobile testing tools like Perfecto-Mobile, Device Anywhere or similar
- Hands on experience with Test Automation using Selenium, Cucumber or similar
- Possess intermediate Technical skills with respect to writing SQL Queries, scripting, creating batch files, creating excel macros, HTML, SharePoint etc.
- Exposure on tools like Confluence, Zephyr, Bamboo, SOAP-UI etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and MS Project)
- Bilingual (French) skills an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the larger team
- Ability to lead through influence in a face-paced environment and hold others accountable
- Self-starter, shows initiative, able to work with minimal supervision
- Motivated to learn new skills
- Strong organizational, communication, technical and analytical skills
The Senior Test Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.