The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Intermediate Test Analyst plays a critical role as a member of the Testing and Quality Assurance (TQA) team, which is a significant component of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) at Tangerine. They are responsible for overseeing and all major testing activities for business and IT driven projects as well as managing all testing phases for projects. An Intermediate Test Analyst has a strong knowledge base of Tangerine business processes and is proficient in the use of all client-facing services and will work with other junior test analysts to test functionalities involving Tangerine’s applications, services, software and hardware. The Test Analyst will report directly to the Manager of Software Testing.
- Test Lead for all Tangerine business and IT projects.
- Analyze and review business requirements document, functional specifications document and provide input/feedback as required.
- Create test estimations and resource requests for assigned projects.
- Devise a test strategy document outlining the testing scope, impact areas, entry/exit criteria and test data and preconditions.
- Responsible for designing and maintaining test cases with the test management tool.
- Converting test cases into automated test scripts as needed using an existing test automation framework
- Responsible for peer-reviewing completed test cases from the Junior Test Analysts and provide feedback for rework for upload to test management tool during test design phase.
- Ensure that all requirements are covered and that there is traceability between test cases, defects and requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring testing execution for the various types of testing (smoke testing, integration testing, functional testing and regression testing for all assigned projects).
- Responsible for overseeing the defect management process for assigned projects and ensuring all defects are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for holding others accountable for project deliverables.
- Accountable for providing project testing signoff.
- Responsible for creating/managing the weekly testing dashboards for key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the development team and project coordinators in an effective and timely fashion to assure delivery of all assigned tasks on time.
- Provide onsite support during build-implementation days.
- Participate in project kickoff meetings to provide testing input.
- Communicate timely escalations and project updates to Team Lead and Test Manager as required.
- Responsible for post-implementation defect analysis and test closure documentation.
- Participate in process improvement feedback initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience as a tester with the software development life cycle and software testing methodologies
- Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred
- Minimum CSTB / ISTQB Foundation-Level Certification or equivalent job experience
- Script Design and Development using a test automation tool
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Tangerine applications and business processes
- Knowledge with mobile platforms and native applications an asset
- Knowledge of testing processes and methodologies and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Well rounded understanding of Canadian banking policies and procedures
- Bilingual (French) skills an asset
- Excellent documentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and MS Project)
- Competent in:
- Test management and planning tools (e.g. HP QC or IBM Rational QM)
- Requirements Management tools (e.g. IBM Requisite Pro or Doors)
- Defect Management tools (e.g. IBM Rational ClearQuest and Mozilla Bugzilla)
- Mobile management/testing tools (e.g. Perfecto Mobile)
- Reporting tools (e.g. MS Office or Crystal Reports)
- Developing simple database queries using SQL
- Web Content Management tools and concepts
- HTML and related Web development technologies
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the larger team
- Ability to lead others in a face-paced environment and hold others accountable
- Self-starter, shows initiative, able to work with minimal supervision
- Motivated to learn new skills
- Strong organizational, communication, technical and analytical skills
The Intermediate Test Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.