The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Automation Test Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining quality automation scripts to assist with the technical testing of Tangerine systems and banking applications. The Automation Test Analyst is also responsible for maintaining the code for the Tangerine regression suite as well as executing it for each and every build prior to a production release. The Automation Test Analyst will report directly to theManager of Non-Functional and Automation testing.
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation, help files and other project documentation to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed; i.e., scripting for manual test cases.
- Support both Agile and Waterfall projects through automation
- Debug scripts by doing extensive code reviews following coding best practices.
- Maintain, and execute automated test scripts and suites for various applications and devices; i.e., TPW, DAWT, Profile, Mobile.
- Develop and execute scripts for services testing, protocols and data representations using SoapUI tools or related.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
- Research and document bug reports following agreed-upon processes immediately upon discovery of a quality problem.
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation (e.g., data-driven testing).
- Responsible for designing and maintaining test cases with the test management tool.
- Converting test cases into automated test scripts as needed using an existing test automation framework
- Update test execution status following agreed-upon processes as part of regularly-scheduled test status updates.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
- Where required, assist with Manual testing efforts and follow standard defect logging processes.
- Assist the Automation Lead in the creation of test project status reports and metrics (e.g., Dashboard, Release metrics).
- Provide the Automation Lead/Manager with accurate estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
- Assist the Automation Lead in preparing test plans, budgets, and schedules where applicable.
- Provide technical guidance to junior-level test engineers and/or test technicians assigned to assist the Test Automation Analyst.
- Participate in weekly test team meetings to provide test status updates, execution and development details.
- Develop and maintain good professional working relationships, especially within the test team and with those who interact regularly with the test team.
- Show initiative in setting and meeting goals within an environment of managed change.
- Understand the role of testing within the software development lifecycle and business-related project constraints and effectively advocate for the best possible customer experience of product quality within those parameters.
- Create, set up and maintain test assets within test management tool (HP ALM / JIRA)
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience with SDLC and TDLC
- 1+ years' experience in a test automation/developer role required
- 5+ years proven experience with manual testing experience and knowledge
- Professional Certification
- Required CSTB Foundation-Level Certification (CTFL)
- Ideally possess or working towards CSTB Advanced Technical Test Analyst (TTA)
- Java certification is an asset
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of XML concepts
- Experience using Jmeter, SoapUI or similar
- Hands on experience with Mobile testing solutions such as Soasta Touchtest, PerfectoMobile UFT and SmartBear Test Complete etc.
- Experienced working with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and MS Project)
- Understanding of project management, SDLC and TDLC
- Working experience in test planning and management tooling such as JIRA Zephyr/X-ray, HP Quality Centre/ALM etc
- Working experience with test automation tooling such as Selenium, Appium, Cucumber or equivalent and an understanding of coding structure and best practices
- Working experience with:
- Defect Management Tools (like ClearQuest and Bugzilla)
- Requirement Management Tools (like RequisitePro or Doors)
- Web Content Management tools and concepts
- Banking systems and their integration (IBS, FMS, MBS, PFW, EWMS, Workflow, CRM)
- FIS Profile
- FileNet product suite
- Working knowledge of automation scripting with the ability to code and debug scripts
- Knowledge of web technologies such as SOAP, XML, HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Performance tooling such as Soasta, Cloudtest and Dynatrace is an asset
- Experience with bug tracking tools such as Jira, Clearquest or HP Application LifeCycle Management
- Experience testing with a variety of technologies, including (but not limited to): Web, Java, .Net, Mobile, Client/Server
- Familiar with Data externalization (SQL knowledge and understanding of relational databases)
- Understanding of Tangerine applications and client channels:
- WebTop, TPW, Profile, Workflow, PFW, Mobile
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the larger team
- Ability to work within both Waterfall and Agile environments
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
- Able to train, mentor and share knowledge in both individual and group settings
- Excellent ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have full comprehension of English, including excellent speaking and writing skills
The Automation Test Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.