Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
All times are in Eastern Standard Time.
Do you love solving business and customer problems with great interaction design? Are you known for both your creativity and attention to detail? Do you constantly ask yourself how something can be done simpler, faster, better? Do you want to help build the next generation of banking in Canada?
We are looking for an Interaction Designer who brings with them a passion for experience design and a well-rounded background in creative solutions. As an Interaction Designer on Tangerine’s Customer Experience team, you’ll design and wireframe the customer experiences for web, mobile, and tablet. You will collaborate with IT professionals to bring these experiences to life for our customers in ways they didn’t know were possible. You’ll tackle two key areas: customer experience (how people feel when they interact with Tangerine), and user experience (the process behind the customer experience). You will understand all key moments of truths for customers and deliver micro-experiences that reinforce the simplicity of banking with Tangerine that will “wow” our Clients.
- Bring together a comprehensive understanding of UX best practices, information architecture, human science, and interaction design for the web, mobile and tablet.
- Conceive, design, and prototype user experiences that are simple, useful, usable, and compelling.
- Translate business needs and user goals into simple yet meaningful customer experiences.
- Inform solutions with data from multiple sources, including requirements, customer needs, technology constraints, usability studies, UX research, and web analytics.
- Create wireframes, and other user interface elements at a high level of quality and in keeping with company brand and style guidelines.
- Collaborate and work with the visual designer to apply the brand of Tangerine to your final work.
- Ensure consistency of experience across multiple areas and products.
- Embrace and champion a collaborative approach; offer multiple options and alternatives to design challenges.
- Clearly communicate design recommendations to stakeholders; actively invite feedback and iterate on designs to create a stronger solution.
- Embraces and ensures execution of Tangerine’s promises and leadership competencies
- 5+ years interaction design experience with web, mobile and tablet based products.
- Demonstrated vision and innovation in wireframes, high fidelity mockups, conceptual explorations, etc.
- Proven experience with responsive web design.
- Working knowledge of user interface best practices for web and eCommerce sites.
- Experience developing wireframes and high-fidelity creative.
- The ability to clearly communicate and explain your designs.
- Strong collaborator; you welcome feedback and see team problem-solving as a natural part of the creative process.
- Conceptual thinking and problem solving.
- Experience in an agile environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Axure, Balsamiq, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understanding of front end development and the capabilities of web browsers, mobile, and tablet applications and user interactions.
- Ability to successfully multitask across multiple projects simultaneously.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.