The Senior Database Administrator- Production Banking Systems participates in a variety of activities on behalf of Production IT. This position plays a primary role in maintaining, administering, and enhancing Operational enterprise systems. This position also takes important roles in or helps to lead Production projects. The incumbent will work with all groups in IT to help upgrade, develop, and implement new processes and procedures and assist in maintaining the library of production documentation.
This position’s most critical responsibility is for monitoring, administering, and maintaining the databases and supporting systems which comprise the core banking systems; in this capacity, the incumbent participates in providing 24/7 support. This role also provides support for the non-Production instances of these environments.
- Responsible for Production Support of Core Banking systems environments
- Responsible for administration and maintenance of the core banking systems database environments.
- Participates in maintenance, optimisation, and tuning of Core systems applications
- Establishes and maintains Business Continuity processes for Core banking systems
- Responsible for documenting production issues and resolutions relating to supported environments
- Works with other IT staff to develop and enhance IT production procedures
- Works with relevant IT groups to help co-ordinate upgrades to required version levels or document reasons for non-compliance.
- Provides technical and business production support to IT.
- Participates in and helps lead or co-ordinate, production IT projects.
- Helps maintain the existing IT Technical Documentation library and create new documentation for new systems and processes as part of their implementation.
- Other duties as required by IT Management
- Conveys an Inspirational Vision & Strategy
- Builds High Performing Teams
- Acts as a Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Focuses on the Customer
- Committed to Self Development
- Experience administering GT.M (Mumps) databases is required.
- Proven ability in the use of IBM-AIX, Windows 2000/NT, and Linux.
- Experience working with RDMS (MSSQL, Oracle) is an asset.
- Experience writing scripts in Unix or similar environments.
- Experience with Profile (FIS) banking applications is a strong asset.
- Experience developing for and administering job scheduling tools is a strong asset.
- Experience with HTML/Java/Perl and/or similar tools and environments.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing and editing.
- Previous experience with Help Desk and Problem Management tools and procedures.
- General understanding of Banking/Financial systems.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously and to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Will be required to participate in on-call support after hours and weekends as part of a rotation.
- Availability to work off-hours as required by management.
- Knowledge and experience with administering large database environments
- Programming and/or scripting experience
- Experience with computer processing cycles.
- Understanding of the importance of process discipline to production operations.
- A high degree of judgment and initiative is required in a problem situation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with users at various levels in the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Completed post-secondary computer studies program or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8 years working experience in a Production Operations or Support environment
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer